Resonant Link builds Power for People, envisioning a world where wireless charging powers a healthier future for all. We are solving humanity’s biggest health challenges of today - diabetes, pain, and heart disease - with non-invasive recharging for implanted medical devices, and are leveraging wireless charging for Industrial and Passenger electric vehicles to fight the coming global health crisis of climate change.
As the Chief Commercial Officer at Resonant Link, you will lead our go-to-market strategy and motion and run our revenue-generating activities, including new customer acquisition, net retention, growth, and government funding. This position will be responsible for meeting Resonant Link’s revenue objectives in support of our mission while maintaining our values of Delivering on Every Promise and Together is Better. The Chief Commercial Officer will manage, mentor, grow, and be responsible for Resonant Link’s Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success organizations in pursuit of the Commercial Team’s mission to drive predictable revenue and sustainable growth.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative culture - and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic problem solvers and team leaders, with a passion for solving challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of people, process, and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
On an average day, you’ll..
- Launch, recruit, manage, and lead the Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success organizations with a human-first perspective to deliver on Resonant Link’s mission and revenue objectives. While the role will operate cross-functionally - inside and outside the Revenue Team - the objectives can be loosely broken down by department:
- For the Sales & Business Development and Grant organizations, deliver annual and quarterly goals on pipeline, new customer acquisition, revenue, and key company partnerships.
- For the Marketing organizations, deliver annual and quarterly goals on brand awareness, marketing-driven leads, content creation, and sales / BD support.
- For the Customer Success organization, deliver annual and quarterly goals on net retention, net promoter score, and customer engagement.
- Define the Commercial Team roadmap, including ramping up new teams, key support systems, and growing existing teams with leaders across Resonant Link’s revenue organization.
- Serve as a key contributor to define and refine Resonant Link’s go-to-market motion, pricing, value creation and product strategy, customer acquisition strategy, value chain positioning, market approach, and overall corporate strategy.
- Serve as a key member of the Leadership Team around our One Team, One Mission motto to define company strategy and deliver company results. Work collaboratively with other executives and team members across the organization as a leader that represents Resonant Link’s values.
- Experience building and leading revenue, growth, sales, or marketing functions at:
- Fast-growing companies, preferably with venture capital-backing and preferably between $1M and $100M ARR, and
- An OEM-integration, licensing, or component-sale business, with a preference for Industrial and/or Automotive experience.
- Understanding of the key metrics for Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success organizations, and how each of these levers drives revenue targets and overall business strategy.
- Understanding of go-to-market strategy and pricing strategy and how these build into company financials and metrics, and a commitment to leveraging this analysis and data to recommend and drive improvements to this strategy.
- Operates with a Together Is Better mentality to bring the humility, introspection, and team-oriented approach to Resonant Link’s Leadership Team.
- Fully remote candidates are welcome, but you must be willing to travel 20-35% to Resonant Link HQ, Commercial and Leadership Team offsites, and key customer visits.
Who we are looking for:
- You operate with empathy, integrity, and a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself to continuously grow and improve.
- You are comfortable owning Revenue metrics (both on new revenue and net retention) for the organization and understand the key levers to drive revenue from capital, positioning, and product perspectives.
- You are excited and energized by team development, people management, and mentoring Sales & BD, Marketing, and Customer Success functional leaders and organizations.
- You have experience building, leading, growing, and mentoring diverse, high-performing teams.
- You manage with a people-first approach that is grounded in inspiration, influence, and inclusivity, rather than power, and you hold the communication, emotional, recruiting, and functional skills to build, inspire, motivate, and lead best-in-class revenue teams.
- You are adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You are a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member - you understand the impact of your work/your team’s work on other projects and people, and you know together is always better!
- You are a creative problem solver, taking initiative to own and solve problems with a mindset of continuous improvement - ensuring bigger picture issues are addressed, not just the problem at hand.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- Paid holidays (including a week off at new year) and an unlimited vacation policy
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees
- 401(k) retirement benefit
- Generous paid parental and family leave
- Learning/career development investment in your professional and personal growth
- Company outings & team retreats
Even if you don't meet every requirement, if you see yourself contributing to our team, we encourage you to apply!
Resonant Link is an equal opportunity employer and includes “Together is Better” as a core value. Resonant Link is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, reproductive health decision-making, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the future of wireless charging.