in our mission to change consumer behavior for the better. If you think humans buy too much stuff and throw too much away, then this problem is for you. We’re starting with fashion and expanding from there.
Archive is building an ‘operating system for resale’ that delivers a customized online secondhand marketplace site and the underlying infrastructure and operations to plug into all of the other facets of a brand’s global resale strategy.
As our first dedicated Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure that powers the Archive platform. You will partner with our CTO & VP of Engineering to set and execute on a strategy that ensures our systems are highly stable, resilient, and will scale to meet the needs of our rapidly growing business. By joining at this early stage, you’ll be expected to drive foundational choices about the technology we use and shape the long-term vision for our approach to reliability, security, and developer productivity at Archive.
We currently run on AWS, Render, and Vercel, store our data in Postgres, and manage eventing and workflows in Temporal. We use Datadog to monitor our systems, GitHub to manage our code, and Linear to manage our work. We’re excited and open about novel technology solutions that support our platform and our developer productivity.
- You have experience building large scale systems from scratch on a modern, major cloud provider
- You have previous experience leading infrastructure efforts at an early stage startup in a similar role
- You take a principled, but pragmatic, approach to architecture and infrastructure
- You are able to move quickly without sacrificing overall quality or compromising long-term vision, taking deep pride in your craft
- You enable other engineers to be more efficient and productive in their work
- You are collaborative and self-driven
- Relevant work experience as an Infrastructure, Platform, DevOps, and/or Site Reliability Engineer
- Professional experience with a major cloud provider and cloud services
- Proficient with infrastructure-as-code tooling such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Professional coding experience in languages such as Python or Go
- Excellent written and technical communication skills
- Experience architecting and implementing large scale, cloud-native systems
- Experience triaging and debugging critical production incidents
- Experience with and implementation of observability, monitoring, and alerting services such as Datadog, Prometheus, PagerDuty, etc.
- Experience with AWS or Render
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Temporal
Archive is a Series A startup backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed and Bain Capital. We’re a fast growing team, working with over 30 brands including The North Face
and Oscar De La Renta
. The founders, Emily and Ryan, bring a mix of business and technology experience including 2 startups and a successful exit.
We are honored to be named one of The Information
's 50 Most Promising Startups of 2022. To build the list, The Information selected 50 companies that have the potential to be the most valuable businesses in their categories based on their current revenue, business model, and growth prospects.
The team is currently remote-first with hub offices in NY and LA and optional in-person work for those located in either of those two cities. Occasional travel expected.
We consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re building but don't meet some of the criteria above, please don’t let that discourage you from applying. Please note, we are unable to accept applications from candidates outside of the US at this time.