Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
We are seeking a Strategy & Operations Manager to support our VP, Business Operations in developing key strategic documents, run business metric analysis, and lead process improvement projects. In this role, you will be an interdisciplinary problem solver, who is happy to jump between detailed data analysis and strategic communication.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct business analysis: Track business metrics and support reporting to internal and external stakeholders on organizational performance.
- Improve data availability and reporting: Work with cross-functional teams to develop a deep understanding of the business and improve data reporting and transparency.
- Develop high-impact presentations to meet regular reporting requirements (Board Meeting, Monthly Business Review, All Hands etc) and to deliver ad hoc insights effectively to the team.
- Developing strategies: Using data-driven insights to develop strategies and recommendations that can improve business operations, increase revenue, reduce costs, or otherwise improve organizational performance.
- Support business improvement projects: Based on organizational performance, support the Business Operations team and other cross functional stakeholders to deliver strategic initiatives.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to understand business needs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Managing third party vendors: Management of vendor related user changes, billing updates, renewals, and documentation. Project manage improvements in concert with our MSP and Rippling.
- Experience in data analysis, business strategy, or operations ideally in the consulting industry or in a high growth start-up environment.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. High level of competency in Excel / Google Sheets.
- Strong presentation building skills, with the ability to develop materials for senior management.
- Project management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and a proven ability to problem-solve independently.
- Experience in climate, energy, or sustainability-related fields is a plus, but not required.
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.