Gridmatic Inc. is a high-growth startup with offices in the Bay Area and Houston that is accelerating the clean energy transition by applying our expertise in data, machine learning, and energy to power markets. We are the rare startup that has multiple years of profitability without raising venture capital. Gridmatic is a great place to work with a culture that values teamwork, continuous learning, diversity, and inclusion. We move quickly and fix things. We are environmentally and data-driven, with a growth-oriented, academic mindset. We value integrity as much as excellence.
Gridmatic is looking for a data scientist to join the engineering team, and drive the collection, preprocessing, and analysis of data in support of our development efforts. This role will also support our go-to-market efforts by conducting customer simulations, analyzing pricing options, doing risk assessments, and running reports.
This role is ideal for the candidate who has strong analytical and programming skills and enjoys wearing multiple hats. Knowledge of electricity markets and experience at high-growth startups are pluses.
What you might work on:
- Work as a data strategist, collaborating with engineering to integrate datasets to support Gridmatic growth.
- Fetch and transform data from various domestic and international energy markets.
- Evaluate and backtest various risk policies across Gridmatic's lines of business.
- Set up simulations and pricing analysis for new customers.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Contribute production level code to automate analyses.
- Analyze electricity market data to develop industry reports and white papers.
You might be a good fit if you:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Understanding of machine learning and experience working with ML engineers.
- Experience with querying, data quality, analytics, and visualization.
- Coding experience (Python). Experience in tool development and systems automation.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).Problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Comfort working in a research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects as well as business and go-to-market efforts.
- Knowledge of electricity markets is a strong plus.
What’s your policy on remote work?
We value the ability to work and collaborate in-person in our early stage as a startup, so Gridmatic has a hybrid policy of "50% in-office”. Most of the company works in our Cupertino office 2 or 3 days a week.
How does the interview process work?
We start with 1-2 initial conversations about the role, your past experience, and Gridmatic as a company. We then have a skills assessment which involves a take-home project; if that goes well, you’d come onsite to Cupertino to talk to the team.
Join our team and make a difference! Click below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.