Position: Project Manager (Full Time)
Location: Espoo, Finland
Hiring Model: Hybrid / Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we seek a Project Manager to join our global Space Program Team. You will report to the Head of Product in this role.
- Manage all aspects of the delivery of 1-3 large European public-funded projects including but not limited to:
- Defining project management documentation
- Defining, scheduling and delivering project milestones
- Establishing project standards, checklists and audit process
- Writing and issuing progress reports, meeting minutes and status updates
- Managing risk through project delivery
- Collaborate and coordinate with various internal teams (e.g. engineering, product, sales, customer delivery, finance, and legal) to make effective decisions and gain stakeholder inputs
- Communicate project progress and issue status updates both internally and externally
- Manage relationships with key customer contacts for project reporting and auditing
- Raise any potential challenges or pitfalls foreseen which might compromise successful project delivery
- Experience working with and running large (>10MEuro) European Space Agency (ESA) and/or European Commission projects with multiple partners
- Relevant educational and technical project management background
- 5 years relevant technical project management working experience
- 5 years working experience in the space sector
- Experience working with and managing complex projects
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated in a highly disparate environment
- Ability to work remotely and maintain pro-active attitude
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, create, interpret, and understand schemas, flowcharts, requirements, specifications, user guides, sequences of operation, and other technical data
- Strong people skills
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Atlassian, MS Project)
- Willingness to travel for team coordination / customer meetings
- Willingness to take on challenging projects
Preferred to have:
- Understanding of the Earth Observation sector both technically and operationally, particularly SAR
- Understanding of geospatial data markets and products
- Multilingual (Either Polish or Spanish in addition to English), but not essential
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.