We are looking for a Software Product Manager to lead the building of our software products that drive significant scale and value in the deployment and operations of distributed energy systems. You’ll be helping fulfill the need for cleaner, cheaper, and more reliable electricity by developing and leveraging our proprietary software with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll join a small, but expanding, team in our fast-growing, PE-backed business. You’ll be hybrid-based in either our NJ or NYC office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of customer & user contexts and needs, and continuously refine the product for use.
- Drive the development of the product for internal users that help scale microgrid deployment & operations and increase the value to our microgrid customers.
- Define data requirements and relevant integration needs, including 3rd party APIs and working with hardware counterparts on physical infrastructure (e.g., DER) integrations.
- Define, measure, and prioritize product outcomes; identify & scope features to drive those outcomes.
- Make product decisions, big and small, based on user and market research, and business considerations including ROI estimates, technical feasibility, and usability; continuously test assumptions with limited data.
- Drive day-to-day product development, generate, facilitate, and curate ideas to improve product usability, whilst collaborating with design and engineering teammates.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of an ‘empowered’, continuously improving product team with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Evangelize software products with users and culture throughout the organization.
- Work with stakeholders across business development, project analysis, marketing, operations, and engineering to increase Scale’s competitive advantage and execution ability.
- Coordinate with other functions for product launches and releases.
- Provide demos and training on new products and features.
- Manage steering committee discussions for your products with relevant executive stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Background in engineering, another analytical field, or design.
- 3+ years of product management experience delivering software products in an agile environment.
- Experience working with distributed energy resources (e.g., microgrids, PV, energy storage, energy optimization, EV charging infrastructure)
- Experience working in an early / growth-stage B2B environment.
- Proven experience in shipping software products that solve real customer problems and positively impact users & the business.
- Passionate about solving internal and external customer problems and advocating for their needs & experience, focused on CX and UX.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to tackle challenges with limited resources.
- Strong persuasion skills to garner support from resources with conflicting priorities.
- Enthusiasm about the company’s mission and vision for a distributed energy future.
- Good understanding of software technologies and development.
Some of the core virtues embraced by Scales’ employees include:
· Do the Right Thing
· Act Like An Owner
· Demand Results
· Go Together
· Evolve or Disappear
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $80 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 250 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.