Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, and creative senior designer for our product design team. If you're eager to apply your design expertise and lead initiatives in combating climate change, this is your chance.
In this role, you will report to the Design Manager and work on solving complex business problems. As a generalist, you will span conducting user research, ideating on concepts, presenting findings and designs to stakeholders, sketching and prototyping UI for development, and collaborating with Product and Engineering teams. As a member of our team, you will help shape our growing team's design practices and systems.
You'll be expected to navigate complex projects from conception to completion, ensuring high-quality and valuable outcomes. Your approach should include close collaboration with and gathering feedback from colleagues across departments. Your ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and your capacity to form and nurture working relationships across all levels of the organization will be paramount. You are comfortable with the rapid changes that come with start-up growth, and have a knack for working amidst ambiguity.
- Leverage your experience to apply best practices and design methodologies in delivering software platforms and products.
- Conduct independent user research, participate in all research activities, and leverage data to improve designs.
- Take full ownership of the design process, from strategy to implementation, creating sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to address complex design challenges, and maintain an understanding of technological, business, and user constraints.
- Work with Brand Design to ensure consistency in design language.
- Champion and facilitate design thinking sessions to address complex design challenges.
- Work in an agile environment, balancing business outcomes, technical constraints, product wins, and design excellence to develop and launch product concepts.
- Enhance the UX fluency of colleagues throughout the organization.
- Work with colleagues from diverse professional backgrounds, maintaining an open mind and encouraging the exploration of new ideas.
- Providing and receiving constructive critique in design reviews, as well as leading effective product discovery and design workshops.
- Independently partner with cross-functional team members in product conceptualization and delivery, managing projects, and ensuring transparency in work progress to all partners.
- Strong passion for addressing climate change.
- Proven leadership abilities in guiding projects from concept to delivery and into future iterations, with a capacity to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proactive communication and the ability to present and articulate complex design concepts to leadership and non-experts.
- Proficient in using design and prototyping tools such as Figma, and familiar with web development languages like HTML and CSS.
- Previous experience in building strong relationships within a remote, global team, and demonstrating transparency in work progress.
- A solution-oriented and curious mindset with a passion for experimentation and continuous learning.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience with design systems.
- Experience in developing new products and platforms, particularly in the climate technology space, is highly desirable.
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
- Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
- Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
- Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup and monthly work-from-home stipend
*Please note that the benefits described apply to U.S.-based
employees only. For our international employees, our benefits package varies by each country and its statutory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.