The Solar Landscape team is changing the way America goes solar. We are innovators leading the charge on the commitment to clean energy and as the nation embraces these necessary advancements, we’ll continue to grow and build the very best team to lead the way. Join us….
We’re made up of 150 thought leaders, thinkers, dreamers, doers. We are smart, we are driven, we are unique, we are fun, and we are better together.
Solar Landscape is growing fast. Like, really fast. Doubling in size year after year we’re thoughtful in who we bring to our team. We’re made up of 150+ engineers, project managers, developers, community engagement leaders, policy experts, finance guru’s, installers, electricians, and more. Our diversity and unique backgrounds are all given a voice and seat at the table to help make real change for the communities we serve.
For more about Solar Landscape, visit www.solarlandscape.com or check us out on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram.
About The Role
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Community Engagement Specialist to join Solar Landscape, a leading renewable energy company focused on providing sustainable solar solutions. As a Community Engagement Specialist, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining positive relationships with local communities and stakeholders. You will be responsible for communicating Solar Landscape’s messaging to target audiences, including, but not limited to, community partners and individual subscribers via the following: professional networking; telephone outreach; printed literature; web-based material; electronic correspondence; public presentations; industry and community events; and verbal interactions.
- Support the development and implementation of community engagement strategies: You will support the development and execution of community engagement plans to promote awareness and understanding of Solar Landscape's solar projects and their benefits. This includes organizing and conducting community events, presentations, workshops, and outreach programs.
- Foster positive community relationships: You will engage with community members, local organizations, and government agencies to establish and maintain productive relationships. You will proactively address any concerns or issues raised by the community and ensure open lines of communication.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis: You will identify key stakeholders and assess their interests, concerns, and influence on Solar Landscape's projects. This analysis will help inform engagement strategies and ensure effective communication with various stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project teams: You will work closely with the project development team to gather and communicate project updates, address community questions or objections, and incorporate community feedback into project plans.
- Monitor community sentiment: You will actively monitor and analyze community sentiment, both online and offline, to identify emerging issues or concerns. You will provide timely reports and recommendations to the management team to support decision-making processes.
- Customer service management: You will support potential and existing Solar Landscape customers (community solar subscribers) through enrollment, troubleshooting, billing, and other questions via phone, email, or at in person events
- Previous experience in community engagement, public relations, education, customer service, or a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and the solar industry is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits and Perks
Solar Landscape’s company culture is second to none.
Our 150 employees combine our mission, grit and drive with a rebel’s attitude that’s changing the industry:
- Located in the heart of historic Asbury Park, our brand-new state of the art office space offers flexible workstations encouraging collaboration and movement.
- Hybrid and remote work schedules ensuring a healthy work/life balance.
- For our folks in NYC, we have a convenient WeWork space employees are welcome to share.
- Employees come together to eat every day! Like in a home, our gourmet kitchen is the heart of the office. Solar Landscape has a full-time in-house chef cooking daily farm-to-table meals using locally sourced organic food.
- Also included in employees is our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off and holiday PTO; We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!