ONYX Insight is a growing technology and engineering organisation in the renewable energy sector. Our hardware, software and data analytics products are deployed on wind turbines around the world. These products and services are trusted by our customers to maximise the efficiency of green power generation. Together we are playing key role in enabling the energy transition.
North America is ONYX’s biggest, fastest-growing market. We now have a great opportunity for a Regional Financial Controller (RFC) in our new Boulder, CO office to support the next phase of our growth.
Reporting to the CFO, the RFC will partner with the local leadership team to provide impactful information to aid business decisions & ensure that the core finance service delivery process is effective and compliant.
- Overall management of accounting operations for our US entity.
- Main finance contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work as a Business Partner with regional leadership team.Provide impactful financial information for business decision making.
- Support the leadership team with commercial, pricing and contract analysis
- Manage Onyx US Shared Services Centre (SSC) relationship
- Ensure general ledger and day-to-day accounting entries are recorded accurately.
- Ensure the US entity complies with local laws and regulations with support from SSC.
- Review the US compliance status (monthly) and compliance statement (half-yearly).
- Ensure deadlines for financial reporting are met.
- Ensure revenue is reported in line with revenue recognition policy.
- Ensure inter-company transactions and transfer pricing are correctly accounted for on a monthly basis.
- Complete Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manage cash flow and lead US debt collection.
- Oversee payroll and employee’s benefits/retirement information for local employees to payroll company.
- Manage the preparation of purchase orders and oversee expenses claim processes.
- Prepare special project analysis for project managers and others when requested.
- Stock reporting and ensuring Cost of Goods Sold (COS) are correctly allocated.
- Work with CRM (Salesforce) team and Business Central (BC) enhance processes, procedures, and management information, including sales forecast and new product development (NPD) sales.
- Enhance and maintain internal control processes and procedures.
- Qualified CPA
- 2-5 years post qualified accounting experience in a small to medium-sized company.
- Experience in a talent-focussed/knowledge worker technical organisation
- Engineering, software, or professional service background ideal.
- Familiar with job cost accounting, project billing and inter-company transactions
- Understanding of how business systems enable process efficiency
- Innovative proactive approach to process efficiency improvement
- Culturally-astute and aware
- Able to work with a team as well as working independently.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly numerate, attention to detail
- Commercial project management and analytical skills
- Stakeholder management and communication skills
- Resilient and tenacious; comfortable working to deadlines
- Experienced user of MS Suite applications is preferred.
- Expert user of Excel
You must have the right to work in the US and be located within a
reasonable commuting distance of our Boulder office to be considered
for this position.
We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in the STEM sector.