Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
Hiring Model: Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international Aerospace company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We seek a Senior Design QA Engineer to join ICEYE's Space Systems department.
What you will do:
As part of ICEYE's Quality team, the Senior Design QA Engineer is responsible for planning and executing quality assurance activities in the design and development phase to have reliable, robust, and fault-free products. The Senior Design QA Engineer lets the organization understand the risks and potential problems as early as possible in the design phase and leads the mitigation plans and corrective actions accordingly.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the FMEA efforts during the design and design-to-build phase. Provide related training(s) to the organization to increase these FMEA’s efficiency and general awareness
- Improve the quality plan to ensure the design phase provides desired outputs.
- Plan, keep track, and report the verification and validation activities.
- Support other teams during the prototype build process (process development, configuration control, documentation control, etc.).
- Support the procurement team during the design phase (supplier selection, performance monitoring, auditing, etc.).
- Assess the maturity level of the design during the technical reviews and provide feedback to the engineering teams. Also, establish configuration baselines and ensure that change management is applied correctly according to the design phase.
- Implement the principles of critical part management in line with the ECSS-Q-ST-10-04C.
- Perform Technology Readiness Level (TRL) and Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessments.
- Check that the technical and manufacturing data packages are convenient for the production phase.
- Keep track of the nonconformance, contribute to the resolvent process, and lead the efforts to prevent recurrence.
- By showing a proactive approach, define the risks related to the design and design-to-build processes, keep track of the mitigation plans, lead the efforts of minimizing the risk ratings.
- Plan, realize special equipment verifications and report the process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Preferably Electric and Electrical, Mechatronics, and Aerospace Engineering (A higher degree is a strong plus).
- 5+ years of proven experience in a similar position.
- Experience in FMEA applications, testing, verification, validation, root cause analysis, design phase risk management, and technical review management.
- Experience in the applications of ECSS standards (especially in testing, critical item management, system engineering, risk management, configuration, PA, and QA).
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Strong commitment to the quality-oriented design process.
Preferred to have:
- Having accomplishment(s) in the whole design cycle of a space-related product is a strong plus.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Talent Acquisition Partner