Hi - we're Leia and Steph, co-founders of Cambio, software to help commercial real estate companies and their corporate tenants ...View Company Profile
Hi - we're Leia and Steph, co-founders of Cambio, software to help commercial real estate companies and their corporate tenants decarbonize their buildings. We do this by empowering them with data, specifically carbon emissions analytics and AI-based retrofit recommendations.
We were former commercial real estate investors with 14 years of aggregate experience at Goldman, KKR and Oxford Properties / OMERS. We deeply know the pain points experienced by the commercial real estate industry when implementing sustainability initiatives portfolio-wide and are building the solution we wished we had while running multi-billion dollar portfolios globally. Our mission is to bring a data science approach to commercial real estate in order to increase the pace of retrofits that get us to net zero by 2050.
We finished YC (S22) and raised our seed round at a latest valuation of $35M, with participation from Fifth Wall, Peterson Ventures, Pear, CRV, NFX, Accel, Agya Ventures and climate / real estate executives and founders as angels.
Are you passionate about crafting joyful and intuitive web application experiences? As a Frontend Engineer at Cambio, you will play a crucial role in owning the code that brings design, great UX, and exceptional engineering practices to life. We take pride in writing secure, well-tested, and responsive software that is easy to maintain and performant. If you enjoy working with minimum viable products, deploying multiple times per day, and iterating quickly based on data-driven insights from customers (sometimes from that same day), this role is for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Build a product that users love from the ground up, as a founding team member of an early stage climate tech company. Let’s get commercial real estate (and the world) to net zero!
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX Designers (when applicable) to execute on creating Technical Requirements, Design, and Test Plans for our web application.
- Develop maintainable software with a focus on gracefully handling all error conditions and crafting exceptional user experiences.
- Conduct thorough testing, including creating automated test suites, to ensure the software functions as intended.
- Take a pivotal part in advancing our software framework, platform, and tools to facilitate the expansion of Cambio’s real estate decarbonization product.
- Deliver top-notch, finely-crafted product that resonates with the market and aligns with the vision of our founding team.
- Introduce new technology that contributes to a 50% enhancement in frontend codebase quality and maintainability, along with a 30% reduction in the development cycle.
Who you are
- Strong Web Development Background: 5+ years of software engineering experience, with proficiency in web development technologies such as ReactJS, VueJS or similar frameworks.
- Solution-Oriented Thinking: Ability to derive multiple solutions for a single problem and propose the best option.
- Technical Trade-offs and YAGNI: Understanding of the need for technical trade-offs and adherence to the "You Aren't Gonna Need It" principle.
- Computer Science Fundamentals: Solid grasp of computer science concepts and algorithmic fundamentals.
- Innovative Debugging Skills: Creative approach to debugging and problem-solving.
- Creative Problem-Solving: Ability to think outside the box when addressing challenges.
- Collaborative Team Player: Prioritize the team's success and foster effective collaboration with colleagues.
Our tech stack
- Front end:
What we offer
We are a small, high-performing team that works hard and plays hard.
- Fast-growing startup experience: You will be responsible for foundational engineering work that will have a significant impact on decarbonizing the commercial real estate industry.
- Competitive compensation and founding startup equity.
- Work with the best: Our team members come from top organizations in their sectors, including OMERS, Goldman Sachs, Faire, Bain, One Medical, and Google.
- Remote work with flexible hours: We focus on results rather than the clock.
If you thrive on crafting exceptional user experiences through stunning design, robust engineering, and iterative development, we invite you to join the Cambio team as a Frontend Engineer. Together, we'll create delightful web application experiences and contribute to the growth and success of our product. Apply now to embark on this exciting journey with us!