Spoiler Alert, a mission-focused SaaS company revolutionizing the food, beverage, and CPG industries, is seeking a passionate and business-oriented people generalist to join our growing team. Our SaaS platform is used by a growing set of globally recognized brands and is a common sense solution to address waste, climate change, and food access.
We’re hiring a People Operations Lead to own our People function as we continue to scale the company. This is a high-visibility, hands-on role with exciting growth potential and an opportunity to have real impact on advancing Spoiler Alert’s trajectory and mission. You will be the primary and sole point of contact for all people-related matters. You will lead the development and execution of various people initiatives that are aligned with our business goals and company values. You will serve as a strategic partner to the leadership team in fostering a high-performance, diverse and inclusive work environment. You will partner with employees and managers across the company to elevate our team’s effectiveness, engagement and impact in a remote first work environment.
This is an individual contributor role - anticipated for at least the next 12 months - with an opportunity to hire and lead a team as we scale. You’ll have a phenomenal opportunity to help our mission-focused company grow responsibly and align our total rewards program with performance-driven outcomes. You’ll make sure we preserve the parts of our culture that define us today, while making improvements that make us more productive and more likely to succeed in the long term.
What you will do
- Lead the strategy and day-to-day operations across employee lifecycle
- Drive employee engagement surveying and action planning
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leadership, people managers and team members
- Own and enhance our people tech stack and systems
- Oversee and enhance performance review and feedback process
- Spearhead talent development programs (career pathing, professional development, and management training)
- Oversee talent acquisition and team onboarding processes, including interfacing with external recruiters and hiring partners
- Collaborate on compensation strategy with finance and leadership
- Administer benefit program and evolve to remain competitive
- Champion DE&I programming and policies
- Cultivate a remote-first culture through virtual and in-person events
- Ensure Spoiler Alert remains compliant with all employment laws
- Support company-wide communication on People programs and policies
- Coordinate the company's community service efforts
- Architect future build out of People Ops team as company scales
Who you will work with
This role will report into the President initially and then a Finance & Operations leader.
- Leadership Team
- People Managers
- All employees
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with strong business acumen, HR know-how, and growth-stage start-up experience. The ideal candidate enjoys maintaining systems as well as building new ones, working through ambiguity, and flexing to fit business needs. You are excited to operate as a team of one to start and are eager to create, iterate and maintain a best-in-class People program.
- 5+ years relevant experience, ideally within a technology startup environment with 50+ FTEs
- 1+ year of experience with core People/HR functions (talent development, benefits, compensation, DEI and/or recruitment)
- Track record of developing and managing people programs to meet the needs of growing team and business
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and creative problem solving skills
- Experience with HRIS and ATS and a high level of comfort in getting up to speed with new technology
- Experience working with leaders across various business functions (and ideally, functions relevant to software - Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, etc.)
- Strong organizational and project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive subject matter with discretion, integrity and respect
- Strong EQ and excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfort working with autonomy and managing competing priorities
- Interest in Spoiler Alert’s mission and a desire to make an impact on waste, climate and food access
- Nice to haves: MBA; SHRM, PHR, or similar certification; prior management experience; performance incentive strategy
What we offer
- An immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Climate-focused, pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12-16 weeks of paid parental leave + flex return to work
- 15+ company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 20 vacation days and 10 sick days per year
- Flex Fridays (no meetings after 2PM)
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Home office stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote first work environment with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters
- Spoiler Alert believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from startups at our stage. The salary range for this position is $135,000 - $140,000. Pay will be determined based on our assessment of your level and is not determined based on location.
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.
Please note that applicants should be authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Though we are interested in every qualified candidate, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.