We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to build software to efficiently manage microgrids and other distributed energy resources. This is a great role for someone looking to build software that will change the future of energy . This role will report to our Software Architect. The role is ideally based in New York or Ridgewood, NJ but we can be flexible for the right person and skillset.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Front-end development: build web applications with modern, interactive user interfaces
- Back-end development: implement high performance, well documented APIs
- Message processing: implement high performance data ingestion and transformation pipelines
- Work closely with product management and design to deliver software products that excite users and achieve business goals
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the organization to understand how to automate technical workflows into production software
- Apply software engineering principles to analyze, optimize and create solutions to improve performance
- Create technical specifications
- Design and develop test cases
- Develop proper documentation
- Monitor system performance and perform predictive maintenance
- Perform system risk and reliability analysis
- Assess new technologies before adoption and implementation
- Communicate key project data to team members and build cohesion among teams
- Apply mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives
- Create innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs
- Shape the future of our systems
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with other internal technical team to understand their complex, evolving requirements
- Experience designing APIs, with a design first approach
- High volume message processing
- Hardware integration
- OpenAPI / Swagger experience
- Preferred experience: Experience with common protocols used in the energy industry, such as IEEE 61850, OCPP, Modbus, OpenADR, etc.
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a fast paced, private equity backed growth business. Some of the core virtues embraced by Scales’ employees include:
- Do the Right Thing
- Act Like An Owner
- Demand Results
- Go Together
- Evolve or Disappear
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $80 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 250 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.