This is a remote position based out of Sydney, Australia - Geli is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA and has a growing Australia team.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
As Product Manager for our Australian market, you will own the product solution to support Geli’s offering in the Australian market, including our VPP offerings, FCAS, and Spot Market Arbitrage. This is a high-visibility, high-impact position on a fast-growing team with an opportunity to contribute to overall business strategy and product vision. This role defines the product roadmap and timeline and delivers a highly scalable platform. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter and organized thinker with technical experience leading full-cycle product development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and deliver product vision, strategy, and roadmap of our AU product offerings
- Work directly with engineering, UX, and business stakeholders to improve customer experience
- Collect & identify market needs, and develop an appropriate product roadmap, with a prioritized feature set.
- Deeply understand the customer journey and internal workflows to inform new opportunities to improve their experience.
- Serve as a primary contact point for C&I and Utility scale segments in future
- Develop a keen understanding of VPPs, VPP analysis, revenue stacking, and optimization
- Support the product from a fleet management, monitoring, and aggregation standpoint
- Define and enhance KPIs in conjunction with analytics and stakeholder teams that educate business decision-making.
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Demonstrated experience bringing successful software products to market.
- Deep stakeholder management experience and ability to work with senior executives as well as cross-functionally with engineering, sales & marketing, and data science
- Experience working with energy retailers
- Understanding of tariff structures in Australia, including DNSP tariffs and retail tariffs
- Passionate about solving customer's problems and focused on product value to the customer.
- Focus on the ‘why’ and ‘what’ of the products and be comfortable letting the Engineering team figure out how to deliver features.
- Ideally have read
- Understands the value of hypotheses, experimentation, and learning
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an engineering or environmental space or MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in developing and managing software products that delivered business impact from the ground up.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to query data from various systems to solve problems.
- Proven history of converting learnings from user insights into tangible features that users love.
- Ability to successfully work with a cross range of teams including software and hardware engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales, and operations to solve specific customer challenges
- Track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high-growth environment
- Strong written and verbal communication with local & remote teams
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment focused on innovation and professional growth.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact to the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.