Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Senior Preconstruction Contract Manager’s primary focus will be supporting HQC US’s commercial and execution teams with EPC related tasks, including but not limited to, reviewing contracts for revisions to commercial terms that differ from HQC US’s standard positions, compiling final forms of contracts and exhibits, tracking document revisions, coordinating internal review processes as well as other document management tasks for EPC and related agreements.
This position reports to the Director of Preconstruction, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 10%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support preconstruction team in assisting the Legal team on all issues arising during the process of drafting, negotiating, and managing full wrap engineering, procurement, and construction contracts;
- Review, interpret, and assist with negotiations of contract documents to determine contractual obligations, including governmental regulations, company contracting guidelines, and other contracting requirements with necessary stakeholders;
- Ensure contract compliance by developing compliance trackers for delivery to the execution teams.
- Drive contract execution process by managing internal and external workflows, facilitating meetings, updating progress, and providing efficiency to the process.
- Compile contracts, track document and exhibit revisions, and other related document management tasks;
- Coordinate with legal and EPC commercial teams to ensure all comments are reflected in the latest document revisions;
- Review contracts for accuracy;
- Assist with establishing internal processes for the management of contracts between the Legal and the EPC teams;
- Assist with updating contract templates;
- All other duties as assigned by VP of Construction, Director of Preconstruction, Project Managers, or other senior management personnel; and
- Travel up to 10% as needed
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant certificate from college or technical school.
- 10+ years relevant experience (Construction, energy industry preferred)
- Background in commercial construction, equipment supply, and/or engineering contracts
- Strong understanding of legal terminology and processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations required;
- Work experience in construction-related contracts (solar PV and BESS projects in particular) strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Assertive, ability to cope with dynamic surroundings;
- The ability to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues, and activities; and
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office Suite, Smartsheet, and Procore.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.