BETA is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our Public Affairs team to develop and execute BETA’s regulatory strategy. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the federal government, including at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
This role will involve close collaboration with various teams across BETA to help craft and convey our public policy positions to key stakeholders. You will be required to develop a technical understanding of BETA’s products to educate stakeholders on our technology adequately and plans to operate.
To succeed in this position, excellent communication skills and an ability to maintain strong relationships with government and industry stakeholders are required.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Monitor and analyze existing and forthcoming regulations related to new airspace entrants;
- Collaborate internally with various departments at BETA to coordinate and develop our regulatory position on matters related to aircraft certification, pilot certification and operations, aircraft maintenance, and more;
- Build and maintain key external relationships with stakeholders at the FAA and DOT, and convey BETA’s position on regulatory matters to those audiences;
- Where appropriate, engage with lawmakers in Congress to convey BETA’s policy priorities;
- Represent BETA on industry working groups and at relevant conferences and exhibitions; and
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- 5-7+ years experience in the aviation or aerospace industry
- 5+ years working with federal regulatory agencies and Congress
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel (expected less than 25% of the time)
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Knowledge of airport and aircraft operations
- High energy, eager to roll up your sleeves, and bring a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate with team members at all levels, including engineering teams
- Creative and resourceful - outcome-oriented when problems arise
- Entrepreneurial thinker who knows when to operate independently and when to pull in team members to reach consensus
- Private pilot’s license
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.