Solar Landscape is changing the way America goes solar.
We are advancing energy equity, making carbon-free energy accessible to all people. We invest into historically underinvested communities.
Solar Landscape is growing fast. Like, really fast. Doubling in size year after year, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive our next phase of growth. We’re made up of thought leaders, thinkers, dreamers, doers. We are insightful, driven, rebellious, fun, and we are better together. Our diverse and unique backgrounds are all given a voice and seat at the table to help make real change for the communities we serve.
For more about Solar Landscape, visit www.solarlandscape.com.
About The Role
The Grants Administrator will play a key role on our Workforce Development team managing all aspects of the recent grant funds Solar Landscape was awarded at both the state and federal level. The Grant Administrator will be an instrumental member of this nationally recognized team as they continue to bring educational trainings and support to the communities we serve. The goal of this role and the mission of this team is to make a meaningful difference as we stand on the frontlines of the fight against climate change.
Grant Support Duties:
- Works in collaboration with Executive Director and other team members in writing grants.
- Conducts research to identify, apply for, administer, supervise, coordinate, and monitor federal, state, and local grants or loans in accordance with applicable standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Interacts with federal, state, and local agencies to ensure that grant projects comply with program guidelines for expenditure, funding, and accountability.
- Collaborates with Executive Director on grant income and grant expense amounts. Maintains and verifies payment records, reviews invoices and records receipts.
- Gathers statistics required by federal and/or state funding sources.
- Assists the Executive Director in monitoring measurable outcomes as required by funding sources.
- Coordinates with the Executive Director regarding funding efforts and prepares required grant reports.
- Seeks additional funding sources (grant or foundation) to support, expand, and develop new programming in alignment with the vision of the leadership team.
- Develops and manages system for tracking grant expenditures and receivables and reviews all grant related payment requests, bills, invoices, and statements.
- In cooperation with Executive Director, prepares the Workforce Development program budget.
- Performs additions responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director including making travel arrangements for workforce team.
- Actively promotes and supports the organization’s mission and vision.
- Cultivates and sustains relationships with stakeholders through the community to promote the workforce development mission and our work to develop partnerships, and to ensure access to important information and emerging opportunities. Any additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Previous experience in community engagement, public relations, education, customer service, or a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and the solar industry is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits and Perks
Solar Landscape’s company culture is second to none.
Our 150 employees combine our mission, grit and drive with a rebel’s attitude that’s changing the industry:
- Located in the heart of historic Asbury Park, our brand-new state of the art office space offers flexible workstations encouraging collaboration and movement.
- Hybrid and remote work schedules ensuring a healthy work/life balance.
- For our folks in NYC, we have a convenient WeWork space employees are welcome to share.
- Employees come together to eat every day! Like in a home, our gourmet kitchen is the heart of the office. Solar Landscape has a full-time in-house chef cooking daily farm-to-table meals using locally sourced organic food.
- Also included in employees is our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off and holiday PTO; We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!