Director of Resource Planning, Boulder, CO, Remote within the U.S. possible for highly qualified candidates
Your Impact at Ascend Analytics
The Director of Resource Planning will drive growth by leading demos, crafting compelling content, and spearheading client engagements. This role will have high engagement with industry professionals to represent and promote Ascend Analytics services and solutions for the energy transition in the electric resource planning and reliability space.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative “climate tech” software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies, for short and long-term investment and resource planning decisions. For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com.
- Communicate the value of Ascend's resource planning tools to the electric power industry for both project reports and results and prospective business opportunities
- Grow consulting pipeline for resource planning and reliability analysis by developing proposals, leading demos, and initiating potential client engagements.
- Work with the marketing team to develop web content, case studies, and white papers
- Guide project teams and lead client engagements
- Work with a nation-wide utility client base to develop integrated resource plans, run and valuate requests for offer/proposals, analyze the economics of legacy power plants, and plan for their replacement with cleaner energy sources
- Work collaboratively with a top-level team with similar passion for the energy field
- Develop new business opportunities consistent with your interests and that leverage core capabilities, software, and services
- Support power market analysis, including long-term fundamental market forecasting efforts
- Assimilate complex information into readily understood reports and presentations
- Lead quantitative project analysis and work to deliver on-time results to clients
- Provide clients with expertise in the areas of analytic modeling for asset valuation, risk management, and renewable integration
- Devise new approaches to represent results that provide support for decision analysis
- Solve complex problems to make critical decisions for energy supply
- Master’s Degree in a highly quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of resource planning and reliability experience
- Knowledge of wholesale energy market dynamics and trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interpret complex analytic solutions into value propositions
- Professional attitude and presentation
- Passion for clean energy, renewables, and the clean energy transition
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Experience managing complex projects and delivering results to customers
- Ability to distill complex ideas and translate them into terms relevant to disparate stakeholders, including engineers, designers, subject matter experts, and general audiences
- Strong teamwork skills and work ethic
- 2+ years of experience in business development
- Proven business development and marketing experience within the energy industry
- A background in electric resource planning and reliability analysis from inception through obtaining regulatory approval
- Ability to identify, prospect, and contact high-level decision makers in large energy companies and to cultivate those relationships
- Ph.D. in engineering, science, business, economics, or equivalent experience
Compensation (base salary plus variable): $170,000 - $300,000
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average.
We offer flexible work hours in a relaxed environment with opportunities for advancement and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, parental leave, dependent care spending account, and a 401k plan.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ascend Analytics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Ascend Analytics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com