Sweep is hiring a Communications and PR Manager to make Sweep an outstanding resource for the climate community and a real driver of change for our planet.
You are based in the UK or France with the ability to work at our London or Paris offices two to three days a week.
Sweep accelerates climate action with data. Our software analyzes carbon emission and ESG data to help companies get audit-ready and meet disclosure rules. Our mission is to empower people to take action against climate change by providing them with the tools and information they need to make a difference. We help companies use carbon as a creative force for innovation and sustainable growth.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
The Communications and PR Manager will be responsible for supporting the development of and implementing a comprehensive communications and public relations strategy for Sweep. This includes managing media relations, developing content for various channels, supporting overall marketing and lead generation opps and building relationships with key stakeholders.
To be more specific, this includes:
- Support development and implementation a comprehensive communications and public relations strategy for Sweep
- Manage media relations, including developing press releases, pitching stories, and responding to media inquiries, under the supervision of the Director of Communications and PR
- Drive the collaboration and mission of our PR agency in the UK and France.
- Produce, copy edit and/or provide feedback on content for various channels, including the company website, social media, and marketing materials
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and industry influencers, leveraging that information for communications opportunities
- Monitor and analyze media coverage of Sweep and the broader climate tech industry
- Collaborate with other teams within the company to ensure consistent messaging across all channels (Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success)
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in communications, public relations or journalism
- Excellent written and spoken English, French is a bonus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, producing content for a variety of channels
- Strong media relations skills (International, Regional, Local, Niche)
- Experience developing and implementing communications & marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the climate tech industry, ESG, sustainability and the latest carbon and ESG regulations
- Ability to identify problems and map out functional, action-based roadmap towards solutions, in a collaborative way
- Experience working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven ability to learn fast (from tools, and processes to new skills outside your field)
- Bachelor or Masters degree + relevant work experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a complimentary field relevant to this role
- You’re an empathetic team player that is great at building lasting relationships, both internally and externally
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics
- An expert communicator, with a knack for turning complex things into simple, engaging and fun interactions.
- A hands-on problem solver, self-motivated with a glass half-full attitude
- An entrepreneurial mind, ready to launch and fail and iterate
- Attuned to remote collaboration, using digital tools and meticulously documenting work
- A desire and ambition to grow, mentor and support other members on the team
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re an “Entreprise à Mission” and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.