Recoolit is looking for a Head of Business Development in Indonesia to accelerate our growth and and manage key partnerships. In this role, you would be working directly with senior leadership to strengthen our market presence and helping to build our entire commercial team.
We are an early-stage startup on a mission to prevent climate change in the air conditioning industry, by selling carbon credits. Our founding team and early leaders bring experience from Apple, Airbnb, and Silicon Valley startups, and we are backed by leading US climate investors. We have a working product, actual customers and real revenue. Now we are growing the team and scaling our operations in Indonesia to achieve massive impact and achieve our motto: gigatons or bust!
As the Head of Business Development for Indonesia, you will play a critical role in shaping and growing Recoolit's presence in the market by building and managing strategic and commercial relationships across business, membership associations, government, and the civil sector. Our commercial partners are in a variety of industries including air conditioning, real estate, and waste management.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years of commercial experience in Business Development, Partnerships, enterprise sales, or similar. As an early startup, we need someone who is excited to dig in and get their hands dirty early on, while also being thoughtful about how to build and structure the commercial team as the company grows.
- Strategic Partnership and Business Development: Identify, pursue and secure key partnerships and new business opportunities to foster collaboration and alignment with Recoolit's mission and goals.
- Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement: Own and develop existing partnerships, help manage partner initiatives to successful outcomes, and expand our partnerships in both depth and breadth.
- Cross-Team Coordination: Collaborate with internal teams, such as Growth, Logistics, and Product, to ensure smooth execution of partnership initiatives.
- Partner Enablement and Tracking & Reporting: Providing the support to ensure successful ongoing partnerships while also monitoring performance against established KPIs/OKRs in alignment with Recoolit’s company-wide targets.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in Business Development, Partnerships, enterprise sales, or similar. Proven ability to develop and implement partnerships across both the private and public sector that align with company objectives.
- Experience with early-stage startups or other evidence of ownership, initiative and flexibility. You must be comfortable with wearing many hats, be strongly self-motivated, and be able to stay aligned and productive in our fast-paced startup environment as we set and meet aggressive targets.
- Strong professional network within Indonesia: you can identify and get introduced to key players at relevant potential partners.
- Fluent in both English and Indonesian. You have the linguistic skills to discuss complex/abstract concepts in English, including with native English speakers.
- Strong communicator and structured thinker. You are data-literate and detail-oriented, but also manage not to lose track of the big picture. You are also digitally literate to a high degree, comfortable learning new tools and automating repetitive tasks, and know your way around a spreadsheet including formulas and pivot tables.
- Technical background across some combination of HVAC, chemistry, or waste management, to engage with industry stakeholders effectively. (Nice-to-have, not required.)
- Cultural chameleon: you have experience working/studying outside and inside Indonesia and working with stakeholders from different cultures. You know what “high-context” and “low-context” cultures are, and are comfortable in both. You have read The Culture Map. You can successfully navigate between American executives and Indonesian partners, making sure that assumptions and desires of each side are respected and understood.
The Head of Business Development role at Recoolit is designed for an ambitious professional who thrives in a dynamic setting and is committed to making a real impact on climate change. If you believe you have the skills, experience, and drive to contribute to our mission, we encourage you to apply and join our growing team.
This position is full-time and based in our office in Jakarta. Recoolit offers competitive compensation, benefits, and the opportunity to make a huge impact on the fight against climate change.