is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- Oversee all aspects of Workforce Development Program in the NYC, NJ, Boston, Atlanta and Chicago markets.
- Comprehensive administration responsibilities, including interfacing with the City of New York for invoicing, billing, financial administration, and reporting, as well as regular internal reporting including operational expenses, participant tracking and impact measurement
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners including local community organizations, employers and other potential clients and collaborators, with the goals of growing job placement rates for program participants and recruiting diverse program participants
- Create and coordinate communication and deliverables between program partners and internal stakeholders to ensure project partners are accountable and delivering on their commitments to deliver an excellent program for program participants, including coordination of case management
- Maintain accountability for reaching program participant recruitment targets and employment placement targets
- Oversight of and collaboration with experienced BlocPower workforce development team members
- Help grow the program and regional impact year over year, including by public speaking to promote the program and supporting grant funding applications, as well as other activities as needed
- Other tasks as required for a successful program deployment
- Experience in implementing or overseeing workforce development programs
Your right for this role if you
- Are focused on climate and economic inequality
- Love green jobs
- Have a degree in law, business, or public policy degree
- Have 10+ years of managing large projects with complex technical and people operations components
- Have 5+ years of experience navigating big city policies, stakeholder management, and public affairs
- Are comfortable walking into city hall, and meeting with tenant leaders in a housing complex
- Have spent 1 year working with case managers, or working with colleagues who work with case managers
- Can quickly and enthusiastically learn syllabus components of the curriculum for electric wiring, OSHA, carpentry, EV charger installation, and solar installation. (No you don’t have to learn how to do this stuff. But you’ll need to manage instructors who teach this content)
- Are based in Chicago, Boston, or NYC/NJ metro areas, and can travel 5 days a month, (and every third month, ten days a month)
- View the climate crisis as an opportunity
- Understand that training without jobs doesn’t mean anything
- You do not feel anchored without a grant chart. Without a multi-tab spreadsheet, you are flying blind.
- You are strategic and detail-oriented.
- Are comfortable in a being self-directed in a mid-stage startup environment
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.