Solar Landscape is changing the way America goes solar.
We are advancing energy equity, making carbon-free energy accessible to all people. We invest into historically underinvested communities.
Solar Landscape is growing fast. Like, really fast. Doubling in size year after year, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive our next phase of growth. We’re made up of thought leaders, thinkers, dreamers, doers. We are insightful, driven, rebellious, fun, and we are better together. Our diverse and unique backgrounds are all given a voice and seat at the table to help make real change for the communities we serve.
For more about Solar Landscape, visit www.solarlandscape.com.
About The Role
The Analyst is responsible for managing analysis and workflow activities to support the Business Development team. The role reports to the Director of Analysis and directly supports the team’s efforts to review, analyze, and recommend renewable energy strategies for the nation’s largest real estate owners.
The principal objective of the Analyst role is to operate the process from initial site screening through to proposal delivery. The role will offer support and subject matter expertise for both community solar project development, as well as behind-the-meter EPC and PPA projects. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with solar energy experience, organized and capable of managing multiple workstreams, and have a business development approach to help the business development team achieve maximum success.
- Primary responsibility is to manage the site selection process leveraging custom proprietary tools and publicly available data.
- Manage and produce proposal documents from start to finish.
- Maintain data regarding Community Solar leases, EPC and PPA offers in the CRM system.
- Manage analysis of utility bills, rates, EPC and PPA offer structures.
- Be comfortable navigating renewable energy incentive programs and incorporate into proposals.
- Liase with internal teams including Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Policy to drive business development activities forward.
- Evaluate and implement third party tools and services for improving workflow and velocity.
- Project manage proposals through the lifecycle and keep current with the CRM system.
- Engineering or Environmental Sciences Bachelor's degree preferred, MBA or Masters of Sustainability desired.
- 1-3 years of experience in the solar energy industry including site screening and project development. New college graduates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 1-3 years of experience in an analyst capacity within the energy industry.
- Working knowledge of energy policy, ESG topics and familiarity with utility rate design.
- Experience with solar energy design materials including drawing sets and energy production models.
- Leadership ability and comfortable driving high-visibility projects.
- Well-versed in Salesforce, MS Office suite, and Google Earth. Familiarity with ArcGIS and energy modeling software is a plus.
- Basic understanding of:
- Rooftop, ground-mount, and carport commercial PV construction means and methods.
- Understanding of behind-the-meter and Utility interconnections.
- Power Purchase Agreements and EPC Contracts.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter.
- Valid Driver's License, must be willing to travel to various job sites.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- 10% travel required to attend industry events.
Benefits and Perks
Solar Landscape’s company culture is second to none.
Our 150 employees combine our mission, grit and drive with a rebel’s attitude that’s changing the industry:
- Located in the heart of historic Asbury Park, our brand-new state of the art office space offers flexible workstations encouraging collaboration and movement.
- Hybrid and remote work schedules ensuring a healthy work/life balance.
- For our folks in NYC, we have a convenient WeWork space employees are welcome to share.
- Employees come together to eat every day! Like in a home, our gourmet kitchen is the heart of the office. Solar Landscape has a full-time in-house chef cooking daily farm-to-table meals using locally sourced organic food.
- Also included in employees is our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off and holiday PTO; We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!