BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
Why join us?
BlaBlaCar Bus is one of the leading companies in the coach industry in France and Western Europe with a growing international network.
We have 4 teams under Operated Bus team :
- Network Planning
- Operations including 3 subteams : Ops Excellence, Road Safety and Ground Ops
We are looking for an intern to join the Ground Ops team, led by Lead Ground Ops Adrien Bethuys for a 6-month mission. This is an opportunity for an intern to discover the business and the operations of a bus network.
A glance on your future team
The objective of the Ground Ops team is to ensure the smooth running of operations on the ground: in the station or during bus journeys. The in-station experience is essential for our passengers as it is the first physical interaction with our service. We must guarantee easy access for our passengers and our buses, ensuring a clear display... To do this, the station team is in charge of relations with all the stopping points of our bus network in Europe.
The Station team must in particular make sure to maintain a good relationship with the station managers, share our forecasts of trips, validate the conditions of physical access, ensure contractualization is done on time and finally guarantee a clear and readable branding for our passengers.
The intern will support the Station Manager Kevin Tanriverdi by making sure that there are no operations issues.
- Support the Station Manager in the day-to-day operations to monitor the BlaBlaCar Bus Network operational performance.
- Make sure all contractual documents are updated in our tools
- Prepare and check station’s branding: audit, branding plan, feedbacks analysis
- Be a point of contact on operational topics, issues, questions and liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operations.
- You already have an experience (internship or studies) in operations
- You are able to analyze quickly a real time situation
- You are interested in topics related to mobility and transport
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You are organized, results-driven, and are able to prioritize in a changing environment
- You are fluent in French and English
- Nice to have: German, Spanish
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
If you are applying to an internship, please note that having an internship agreement from your school or university is mandatory. We won’t be able to proceed with your application if you do not have this document.
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
- To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
- Salary 1,000 - 1,200 euros gross/month
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- 1 vacation day/month
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
- a 30-min interview with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, Hien Hoang, to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min interview including a 45-min interview with the hiring manager, Ops Lead Louis Sachot and Station Manager Kevin Tanriverdi; followed-up by a 15-min discussion with Louis for a final validation
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.