Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Test & Validation Engineer to be responsible for the delivery of packages of work within functional test areas from initial requirements through to formal release and support. We are looking for an experienced individual who has previously worked on dynamometer test rigs and will be happy to mentor more junior members of staff.
- Working with the test engineers and technicians to ensure the effective completion of tests, while also liaising with the project management and engineering team.
- Supporting technical and program reviews with suppliers and customers on test issues.
- Provide input to the wider YASA team to ensure delivery and overall test plans meet customer requirements.
- Liaising with external test houses to enable the efficient execution of test activities and delivery of tests, including reporting and maintaining agreed schedules.
- Developing test cases, analysing test data and writing test reports to clearly communicate the objectives, methods, and results of tests.
- Communicating test status to the wider project teams and escalating issues in a timely fashion.
- Supporting the test team and others in developing capability in quality & testing, championing safety, and good practices.
- Carrying out reviews of engineering test reports for assigned programs.
- Managing rig scheduling and utilisation to achieve department targets.
- Supporting HSE requirements for functional test areas, maintaining electrical safety requirements and championing safety. Supporting the development of SWI’s and Risk Assessments.
- Identifying areas of opportunities for improvement in functional test areas including rig upgrades and processes.
- Participating in activities to address organisational initiatives and engineering issues.
- Assisting with test rig upgrades and new rig build projects.
To succeed in this role, we believe you'll need:
- A degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Previous experience in using dynamometers and laboratory equipment to set up tests to take precise measurements of electrical and electromechanical systems.
- A sound knowledge of test methods for EM and MCUs (either in Performance or Robustness).
- A good level of experience using MATLAB or NI tools to perform technical analysis and characterisation including ability to write custom scripts.
- Good communication and teamwork skills to manage multiple parallel deliverables.
- The ability to clearly report progress and results and produce a high standard of written documentation.
Our mission is to lead the design and delivery of the best electric motor technology available. We believe that diversity of thought, and experience is a key driver of innovation. Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to only apply if they check all boxes. So if you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point, please still get in touch. We’d love to have an initial chat and see if you could add value.
- Discretionary bonus
- 28 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme
- Private medical plan with Bupa
- 4 x death in service
- Company car scheme
YASA, a Mercedes Benz group company, is leading the way in EV Motor Revolution with our patented and unique Axial Flux Technology. Our motor is more powerful, lighter, and smaller than our competitors. Our spirit of innovation drives us to continually explore and test new technologies, a mindset that exists from early-stage R&D projects through to manufacturing optimisation. We stay true to the freedom and flexibility that drove our success as a start-up, alongside having the stability, security, and roadmap of an established organisation.