A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you will be accountable for designing, implement, manage, and troubleshoot Lilium’s databases in the cloud and on-premises used by applications to store and retrieve data.
Our IT team enables our business with flexible, scalable, fit-for-purpose and secure IT solutions, covering all areas from Digital Workplace, Identity and Access Management, Connectivity, Cloud platform engineering as well as highly secure, high performance and reliable datacenter services.
Your Day to Day:
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and manage and optimize our Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases for maximum efficiency, availability, security, and performance following company best practices and industry frameworks
- Being the service owner of database operational processes across Lilium
- Translate business and technical requirements into scalable and cost-effective database solutions
- Design, implement and manage cloud-based database systems that support business initiatives on their journey towards the public cloud
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Cyber Security, Global IT and Business to assess requirements and propose robust and efficient solutions that deliver the value requested
- Maintain an understanding of current and emerging Hybrid/Public Cloud database trends, evaluate new technologies and solutions, participate in strategic and technical architecture efforts to maintain and advance service offerings
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability related to cloud and datacenter databases
- Monitor and maintain database performance, capacity and availability, providing 2nd and 3rd level of support for the resolution of database-related incidents and problems
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and operating procedures and user guides
- Implement backup and recovery procedures to prevent data loss
- Assist in the migration of databases to the cloud
- Provide training and support to other team members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science, or similar working experience
- 5+ more years of experience designing and managing cloud and datacenter database systems
- Experience with both Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL is essential
- Proficiency in SQL and NoSQL databases and deep understanding of database structure, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Experience with Azure is particularly valuable due to its integration with Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience in designing, developing and deploying secure, scalable and modern database solutions mainly based on cloud-native and PaaS services
- Experience in migrating databases to the cloud and managing cloud-based databases is highly desirable
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
- Proficient in data migration, security, recovery, and backup procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex database issues
- Comfortable with Agile practices and methodologies (Scrum & Kanban)
- A DevOps mindset is a must-have
- Strong understanding of data security and data privacy regulations
- Ability to work in a highly energetic, dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Willing and able to take on new and unfamiliar IT technologies, constant learning
- Strong motivation to help build and shape the organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Fluent English language skills are essential, any other languages would be beneficial
Certifications, not required but helpful:
- Microsoft Azure Database Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- PostgreSQL Professional Certification or PostgreSQL Certified Engineer
- AWS Certified Database - Specialty
- ITIL 4 Foundation
Want to know more? Then view our 'Why join Lilium' page!
Life at Lilium:
The wellbeing of our employees is a high priority. In our HQ we have many initiatives such as free healthy food and drinks, free in-house gym and health days. In remote offices we offer online opportunities to stay connected and develop yourself as well including our culture club, learning terminal, Employee Assistance Program and many more.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.