The auditor’s primary service is to conduct Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Principles and Criteria Certification audits for a network of clients. This is a contract position in LATAM.
Relevant RSPO Services/Schemes
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Supply Chain Certification
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Principles and Criteria Certification
- RSPO Independent Smallholder Standard (2020)
- RSPO Certification Systems (2020)
- RSPO Labour Auditing Guidance (2022)
- New Planting Procedure, 2022
- Rules Market Communication & Claims, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct robust and detailed RSPO P&C audits
- Generate high-quality audit reports, ensuring accurate, detailed, and consistent descriptions of evidence and findings
- Independently or with teams, assess management practices of organizations related to applicable certification standards
- Be proficient in program and certification requirements, ensuring a pragmatic approach to a wide range of auditing circumstances while maintaining the integrity of the certification scheme.
- Communicate standard requirements to clients, effectively, and concisely
- Communicate regularly with clients, ensuring that Corrective Action Requests are closed within appropriate deadlines
- Communicate promptly with SCS staff on the scheduling of audits and revisions to draft reports, if needed
- Experience with the third-party certification process
- 3+ years of field experience in the palm oil sector, health and safety, or environmental management. These include experience in HCV and HCS assessment, social auditing, or involvement in human rights activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (agriculture, environmental sciences, or social sciences, etc.)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn, adapt, and utilize various internal and external database systems
- Strong written and oral command of the Spanish or Portuguese and English language
- Willing to travel within LATAM (approx. 75%)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- RSPO endorsed P&C auditor course
- Currently qualified as an RSPO P&C Team or Lead Auditor
- Completed the auditor course for ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 or ISO 45001
This is a home office-based job and requires travel for on-site audits with our clients 75% of the time. Must be able to travel to audit sites physically, and a driver's license is required. Primarily computer-based work and must be able to speak and listen in person and on the phone.
Home office and on-site client visits. Site visits include Palm Oil Mills, industrial facilities, palm oil plantations. Appropriate work attire and safety gear are expected (e.g., closed-toed shoes, field PPE, etc.).