Founder by former Vice President Al Gore, The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit devoted to solving the climate crisis. ...View Company Profile
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society.
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
The Climate Reality Project seeks a Digital Fundraising Manager to oversee the online fundraising program at the organization. They will work cross-departmentally and within the digital team to create and manage digital fundraising campaigns across email, social media, web, SMS, and digital ads.
This is a hybrid position, currently expected to work from Climate Reality’s downtown DC office at least two days per week. The salary for the role is $70,655 per year.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee digital fundraising and engagement initiatives and campaigns to acquire, renew and retain members.
· Oversee creation and execution of online cultivation and stewardship communications, as well as direct solicitations.
· Collaborate with other members of the Digital Team to optimize our website, SMS program, and organic social media to maximize fundraising opportunities.
· Track the performance of individual appeals and our digital fundraising overall and regularly report to organizational stakeholders.
· Lead paid acquisition program of new supporters (ads + list buys) and manage an onboarding strategy to convert as many as possible into donors.
· Act as primary contact for EveryAction and other fundraising tools and properties.
· Run regular testing to optimize performance and co-manage digital testing plan.
· Research new digital trends, tools, and benchmarks (and responding accordingly).
Required Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
· Has a minimum of 5 years of experience strategizing and executing digital fundraising campaigns.
· Equivalent experience and/or a Bachelor's degree welcome.
The Climate Reality Project has adopted a competency-based approach to job definition, hiring, performance assessment, and professional development. The following are our seven organization-wide competencies and examples of how they manifest for this role.
In addition to organization-wide competencies, each role has its own competencies. Below are examples of how each competency manifests in this role.
How to Apply
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Climate Reality, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in this job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life, dental, vision insurance. 401K, Paid Parental Leave, and other benefits such as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.