Your mission In order to manage and expand our key relationships in the Development Infrastructure we are looking for a Business Development Manager (d/f/m) who will play an instrumental role in shaping the structure of our business development and sales success and build a foundation for future growth of our company.
In this role, you will become part of our Emerging Markets Infrastructure team and report to our Head of Business Development. Your responsibilities:
- Identify, manage and expand key relationships, including taking ownership of key accounts (such as The World Bank, IFC, USAID, Governments, KfW Bank…)
- Support our customer facing teams with a focus on shaping our sales and customer success and implement processes that enable our future growth
- Drive recurring revenue and license sales
- Represent VIDA at industry events, conferences, field trips, and customer meetings, leveraging your extensive network in the distributed renewable energy sector to generate new business opportunities
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Business Development to bring user and market feedback into product development and to identify new business opportunities
What we’re looking for
- Master in Economics, Business, Energy or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in sales and Business Development, sustainable energy or climate sector. Experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Extensive network in the distributed renewable energy sector in developing markets.
- Experience working with or for international donors and investors (governments) are a plus.
- Proven track record in leading software subscription or license sales is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English and French.
We’re looking for a candidate who is based in Europe or Africa. What we offer
- Mission: VIDA is more than just another software company. As our work goes beyond lines of code and interfaces you’ll have the chance to create tangible impact in real lives.
- Impact & growth: It’s an exciting time to join us! Shape our success story and company culture from the ground up and see the direct influence of your work.
- Diversity: Our team's diversity is truly exceptional. With more than 15 nationalities on board already today and team members spread across the globe, you'll connect and learn from a wide range of perspectives.
- Fully remote working & flexibility: We're strong advocates of autonomy and flexibility. We allow you to determine when and where you get your stuff done most effectively.
- Tech & Tools: We understand the importance of having the right tools to empower your work and will provide you with the latest technology and tools.
- Development budget: Use your budget of 500€/year for your own development.
- 28 vacation days.
- Option to work from our Munich (Germany) or Kigali (Rwanda) offices (Norrsken House).
If you're passionate about leveraging the power of technology to drive meaningful social impact and joining a mission-driven environment, we would love to hear from you. Submit your application via email to email@example.com
or apply directly via the job advertisement.
Learn more about VIDA and our current projects at vida.place
or on LinkedIn
.We're looking forward to receiving your application!
In case your experience doesn’t fit all of the criteria, make sure to get in touch anyways!