The Manager – Quality Operations manages and coordinates all activities of personnel engaged in Quality Operations functions at Electric Hydrogen. Responsibilities that report into this role include Incoming Quality Control (IQC), In Process Quality Control (PQC), Quality Review Board (QRB), Metrology Maintenance & Calibration (MMC), Final Quality Inspection (FQI), and Product Disposition (PD), to ensure adherence to Electric Hydrogen quality standards.
You will report into the Senior Vice President, Operations and work onsite in our Devens, MA location.
• Manage the Quality Operations leadership team across Electric Hydrogen Product line. Establish, align, and monitor Quality Operations KPIs.
• Assures that manufacturing quality and performance data are comprehensively measured, trended, reported, and acted on in a timely manner to ensure compliance and support continuous improvement.
• Creates the global quality operations strategy ensuring alignment among and cross functional partner objectives.
• Creates an environment that is inclusive and diverse allowing employees to be their authentic selves, while motivating them to produce their best work.
• Foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought, collaboration, and teamwork across organizational and geographical boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the company.
• Proactively manages quality assurance and compliance activities to produce the highest quality products and prevent defects.
• Create, monitor, and control the quality operations budget.
• Monitor and facilitate effective work relationships for Engineers, inspectors, operators, and cross functional partners.
• Help establish QMS. Ensure quality operators routinely demonstrate compliance with all elements of the QMS.
• Collaborates with the Engineering & operations teams as well as other internal and external partners to ensure product strategy is executed to achieve significant and measurable results.
• Perform periodic audits to verify correct and consistent operations and act as SME for Quality Operations during internal and external audit / inspection.
• Track recurring issues and escalate as needed to achieve root cause corrective action.
• Collect, monitor, and escalate product quality data and partner with the appropriate function to resolve problem parts, supplier, processes, etc. to closure.
• Develop, trend, and improve appropriate quality operational metrics.
• Proven leadership capabilities, to include outstanding people skills with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
• Minimum Bachelor of science degree and a minimum of 10 years of management experience.
• Outstanding management and communication skills.
• Must be knowledgeable of standard inspection tools, gauges, optical comparators, and various types of coordinate measuring machines effectively.
• Must have prior experience acting as a SME for internal and external audit/inspection.
• Must be familiar with sampling procedures and tables for inspection by attributes.
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and ability to read technical drawings.
• Must have a working knowledge of QRB/MRB related activities.
• Experience in Automobile, Semiconductor or Medical Device industry and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
• Working knowledge of quality tools: measurement repeatability systems, process control tools (Statistical Process Control)
• Lean Six Sigma experience including working knowledge of FMEA, 8d, Kaizen, and SPC control methods, Theory of Constraints.
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!