Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
Carbon Direct is seeking a dynamic, quantitative Market Analyst to join our team. As a Market Analyst, you will play a crucial role in analyzing the rapidly evolving supply and demand dynamics in the carbon market, building out market forecasts, and providing actionable insights to support our mission of accelerating the transition to a low-carbon economy. As a Market Analyst, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to inform strategic decisions around companies’ climate plans and help accelerate climate action.
- Market Analysis and Forecasting: Develop and maintain databases, forecasts, models, and dashboards to project and track dynamics in the carbon market.
- Data Interpretation: Interpret complex data sets and distill them into clear, concise reports, presentations, and visualizations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Reporting: Prepare regular market reports highlighting key findings, insights, and actionable recommendations for decision-making.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal teams to provide insights that support high-quality carbon management.
- Proven experience in supply and demand analyses including forecasting, price curves, and market sizing. Experience in carbon markets, renewables, or related sectors is a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, Stata, or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information into accessible insights.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics, statistics, finance, or a related field a plus.
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
- Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
- Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
- Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup and monthly work-from-home stipend
*Please note that the benefits described apply to U.S.-based
employees only. For our international employees, our benefits package varies by each country and its statutory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.