At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
At Beyond Meat, we are focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience.
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Analyst will play an integral role in supporting Beyond Meat’s ESG initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Manager, ESG, the ESG Analyst will be responsible for measuring, reporting and identifying opportunities to reduce environmental impact and strengthen social responsibility throughout the business. They will support collaborative relationships across the internal teams (Finance, Legal, Quality, Operations, and Communications), and external partners to effectively support BYND’s sustainability mission.
As ESG is critical to our brand and mission, the ESG function sits in Marketing. The ESG Analyst may periodically have the opportunity to work on Product Portfolio-related analysis (or projects).
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Data analysis and interpretation: Assist in collecting, managing, and interpreting data associated with relevant ESG metrics to track and understand ongoing performance, identify gaps and areas for improvement.
- Develop and update dashboards to present to stakeholders
- Clean, review and engage stakeholders to validate data; partner to complete data when necessary
- Support the team in LCA development of key products, plan for long term, ongoing LCA updates that could be conducted internally
Research, benchmarking, and ESG strategy implementation:
- Tracking changes in ESG standards, ratings and rankings and Beyond’s performance relative to our industry and relevant global leaders.
- Develop an approach to regularly communicate findings internally.
- Support ongoing stakeholder research and engagement, particularly evaluating investor and customer needs – as well as the Beyond teams supporting those stakeholders.
- Support development of the submission of the company’s responses to customer ESG surveys as well as raters, rankers and proxy advisors, including responding to CDP and working with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts.
- Support the development of the company’s ESG/Sustainability report annually to align with GRI, SASB and TCFD reporting frameworks.
- Support the materiality assessment process including ongoing updates to align with global best practice.
Content Development: Collaborate with subject matter experts, communications and marketing teams to support the development of strategic ESG communications.
- Support the company’s ESG strategy by tracking key performance indicators and goals for the company.
- Support additional ESG projects and teams as needed.
- Serve as an internal advisor and partner to our cross-functional teams to implement processes in support of our ESG goals and strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, business, economics, engineering, or sustainability
- 1-3 years of sustainability experience
- Background working directly in corporate ESG/sustainability or ESG consulting, preferably in a manufacturing or CPG
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with data analysis and visualization tools, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software
- Understanding of ESG reporting standards (GRI, SASB, CDP, TCFD etc.)
- Familiarity with ESG ratings and rankings, such as MSCI and Sustainalytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex ESG concepts to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in all applicable software packages (Microsoft Office suite)
- Position is located in an office environment 5 days a week on-site at our HQ in El Segundo, CA
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.