Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
About this role :
We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Governance Counsel to join our Legal team.
The successful candidate will assist the Head of Legal in providing legal support to Verkor on Corporate and Governance matters.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in providing guidance to ensure that the organization operates in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate governance principles.
By joining Verkor, you will play a key role in the transformation to a carbon-free economy by accelerating the switch to electric mobility.
This role can be based either in Grenoble (French Alps) or at the future gigafactory located in Bourbourg, on the outskirts of Dunkirk (North of France).
- Corporate governance:
- Ensure compliance with the corporate governance documents (bylaws, shareholder agreement), particularly by implementing internal procedures (in collaboration with other teams).
- Relationship with the Board: preparing the committees and board meetings (internal coordination, preparation of the documentation, elaboration of the agenda, presentations, and draft minutes, arranging meetings), ensuring the follow-up after the meetings (sharing minutes, execution of the actions agreed upon, etc.)
- Corporate secretarial:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date corporate records, including minutes of board meetings and shareholder meetings for all the companies of the group.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and formalities (such as approval of the annual accounts, regulated agreements, publication of corporate changes, etc.).
- Manage delegation of authorities and intercompany agreements.
- Contribute to the reporting of off-balance sheet commitments.
- Support in opening new subsidiaries and other operations.
- Support for M&A operations.
- Designing and running training courses for operational and management teams.
Qualifications and skills :
- Master’s degree in Law, ideally from a reputable top-notch university
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, a team-oriented mentality and a sense of humor.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Adaptable and able to work in a busy and demanding environment
- Seek clarification and guidance in the conduct of the work activities as required.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the type of work carried out by our business
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills.
- Be open to receiving, applying and providing constructive feedback.
One or more of the following would be a strong advantage:
- As we will build an Industry 4.0 plant, experience working in a startup environment or in digitization/data and management/IP fields
- Knowledge of another European language would be a strong asset
- Experience with complex corporate structures, complex shareholder agreements, SPV structures, etc.
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Live and work in the Green Capital of Europe
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT).
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract