Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
About this role :
Our Digitalization & IT Team is currently looking for a Digital Manufacturing Functional Expert (M/F) in our offices located in Grenoble (French Alps).
As such, you will plan, coordinate, and supervise the entire lifecycle of digital manufacturing projects, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality requirements. You will also maintain clear and regular communication with all Verkor team stakeholders involved in the projects (product, process, operation, quality, maintenance).
- Understand business needs and manufacturing operational processes to propose appropriate technological solutions
- Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to design detailed functional specifications and efficient workflows for digital systems
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure seamless integration of OT digital systems with existing infrastructure and IT systems.
- Support digital manufacturing projects, including commissioning the Gigafactory site from FAT to SOP.
- Reviewing and signing off on outcome of detailed design phase during the project (e.g. design, build, test, and implementation).
- Integrate solutions with systems and third-party software, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Design and validate Digital operation platform enhancements.
- Participate in the platform's start-up and commissioning tests.
- Build and support advanced OT system troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with other team members and key users to optimize the manufacturing flow by leading innovations and improvements from idea to implementation.
- Contribute to building Verkor’s MES Digital Manufacturing Industry 5.0 journey
Qualifications & skills :
- Master's degree in information systems / computer science / project management
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of Digital manufacturing, OT, IoT, laboratory systems, or workflow, preferably in the assembly industry.
- Knowledge in the Manufacturing and Logistics domain, including lean manufacturing principles, ideally related to the automotive industry
- Experience with MES/MOM Software, Aveva™ Model Driven MES, System Platform (Wonderware Archestra IDE), Aveva Historian, Work Tasks (Skelta) or Enterprise Integrator preferred
- Experience with LIMS or ELN software, Thermofisher Scientific™ SampleManager LIMS™ preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills, willing to support operators on the shopfloor.
- Easily adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to apply Software development agile methodologies
- Versatile, problem-solving, can-do attitude
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Live and work in the Green Capital of Europe
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT).
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract