Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
About this role :
We are currently looking for a Digital Manufacturing Specialist (M/F) to join our teams based in our future Gigafactory in Bourbourg (north of France). In the first year, 50% travels required to Grenoble, then to Asia/Europe.
As such, you will lead our MES digital operation solutions for our future Gigafactory. You will support MES/LIMS/SCADA system design by proposing efficient technical solutions, test and validate the systems' implementation, integration with automation and interfaces with other systems such as ERP, PLM, BMS, and WMS.
You will support systems commissioning for the Gigafactory site from FAT to SOP and contribute to building Verkor’s MES Digital Manufacturing Industry 5.0 strategy
- Review and sign off detailed design phase outcomes during the project (e.g. design, build, test, and implementation)
- Prepare and drive Digital FAT at equipment suppliers premises (Asia & Europe) and then to SAT in the gigafactory located in Dunkirk
- Design and share automation system optimizations to support data integration and IIoT initiatives
- Configure and Develop our Digital solutions; including process authoring, development, unitary, and functional testing
- Support Gigafactory ramp-up by applying advanced troubleshooting methods and best practices from the Digital team
- Maintain regular communication with Digital team located in VIC Grenoble
Qualifications and skills :
- Master's degree in information systems / computer science
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in supporting Manufacturing (MES/SCADA), Quality (LIMS) systems or workflow-driven applications, preferably in an assembly industry.
- Ideally, an experience with Aveva™ Model Driven MES, System Platform (Wonderware Archestra IDE), Aveva Historian, Work Tasks (Skelta) or Enterprise Integrator
- Knowledge of Aveva™ SCADA applications like InTouch or OMI
- Knowledge of LIMS or ELN software. Thermofisher Scientific™ SampleManager LIMS™ is a plus
- Experience providing detailed and complex root-cause analysis support and maintenance to system hardware and software as required.
- Experience in SQL Server Database, SQL Server Reporting Services, Scripting, Object-Oriented programming, NET, Microsoft Visual C#, Web development (HTML5, CSS, JS, RESTful API),
- Knowledge in PLC and Automation communication protocols like OPC UA or MQTT
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Easily adapt to multi-cultural environment
- Versatile, problem-solving, can-do and go get attitude
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Live and work in the Green Capital of Europe
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT).
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract