About Raptor Maps
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 45 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We’re looking for talented software engineers with a passion for technology to join our software engineering team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on mobile and full stack web projects and play a critical role in building software that empowers owners and operators of solar farms around the world. Our engineers collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to define features and technical roadmaps.
- Full development lifecycle and maintenance of React Native applications, React Web Clients, and Python APIs
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work with cross functional teams, weigh in on decisions and make recommendations to ensure user experience and app performance
- Support your team by improving team tools and processes
- Enhance squad efficiency and capabilities through daily collaboration along with mentorship opportunities
- Prepare and participate in software design discussions and code reviews
- Communicate and problem solve with various stakeholders such as customer facing teams, product management, and leadership
- Intellectually curious - You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology. You quickly become interested and experiment. You ask silly questions by nature.
- Intelligence - You can learn anything if you put your mind to it. You’ve demonstrated excellence in diverse fields or interests and can wear many hats.
- Drive - You are highly self-motivated and enjoy making an impact. You’re focused, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a driven team.
- 2+ years experience with mobile development using React Native
- Bonus: Experience developing offline and/or map mobile features
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.