Climate Finance Solutions (CFS) is a global consultancy that helps companies and organizations secure large-scale grant funding to develop and scale their high-impact climate solutions. The CFS team has a strong track record of success, having secured over $778M in non-dilutive funding and leveraged over $100M in co-financing. CFS is mission-driven, aiming to provide equitable access to the climate funding ecosystem. It is focused on supporting high-impact, climate-related ventures, and training and growing high-potential hires to develop the next class of leaders in climate.
As a Grants Project Manager, you will play a vital role in the successful administration and development of grants within our organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire grant application process, from client kick-off to submission. This role requires strong project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the fulfillment of grant objectives. You’ll need an in-depth knowledge of most federal funding agencies like the Department of Energy, United States Department of Agriculture, Environmental Protective Agency, and National Science Foundation.
- Grant Application and Review:
- Lead the preparation and submission of grant applications, ensuring compliance with all requirements and deadlines.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between our CFS team and the client/partners.
- Develop project timeline and milestones based on solicitation requirements.
- Create project tasks that align with the funding solicitation and are assigned to the appropriate team members.
- Manage client expectations by setting “go” and “no-go” points with clear instructions.
- Provide weekly status updates to the client on project status and pending action items.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the writing team assigned to you.
- Set goals and objectives for the team and individual team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture.
- Check-in on available capacity from the team for project forecasting.
- Competency with assigning appropriate team members to projects based on area of expertise.
- Awareness of team members working threshold to avoid burnout.
- Maintain open and effective communication channels within the team.
- Communicate project updates, expectations, and changes to team members.
- Act as a liaison between the writing team and upper management.
- Deep understanding of federal agencies including, but not limited to the Department of Energy, United States Department of Agriculture, Environmental Protective Agency, and National Science Foundation.
- Familiarity with federal SF424 forms
- Understanding of the Justice40 Initiative
- Can speak confidently about the aforementioned agencies' interests and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., business administration, public administration, nonprofit management).
- Proven experience in grant management, project management, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of federal grant compliance and regulations requirements.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using project management tool Asana.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Commitment to the organization's mission and values.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience working with government grants, foundations, or corporate donors.
- Certification in project management (e.g., PMP).
- Knowledge of grant management software (Asana).
- At least one favorite animal purrfurred.
- Generous healthcare reimbursement program
- 401k matching
- 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. Women/non-male folks, people of color, and indigenous people are especially encouraged to apply. CFS is a member company of Empowering Diversity in Clean Tech (EDICT).