We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We cannot sponsor.
This position is based in London and is Hybrid - 1-2 days a week in office.
Clearly gives Fleet Managers transparency over their supply chain emissions to stay compliant, identify decarbonisation initiatives, and maximise their ROI. We use AI and advanced Machine Learning to fuse data from multiple sources and provide trip-level emission and energy intensity insights.
Our ultimate vision is to be the end-to-end platform that enables the Global Transportation Industry to decarbonise supply chains and achieve operational sustainability.
With Clearly, Businesses can:
- Uncover real emissions from trip-level up to fleet-level, and identify optimal reduction initiatives, saving costs and energy
- Remain compliant and transparent to regulators and supply chain partners
- Reduce financing costs, and reduce and share risk
Clearly was recently selected as Europe’s hottest Mobility Tech Startup at The Europas Tech Startup Awards 2022. Previous winners include Spotify, Wise, Soundcloud to name a few.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior/Principal Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our small and growing team at Clearly. You’ll work closely with our Product Manager, Data Scientist and Founders to plan, design and execute technical solutions and improvements to our product and platform.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product squad. You’ll help define and ideate software solutions to business problems. You’ll work closely with the Product Manager throughout the product-delivery-lifecycle.
- You’ll regularly work with product leadership and the founders. This is to help make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
- You’ll take a pragmatic approach to balancing the ideal user experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- You’ll outline processes and plans for software development, and coordinate a team of software developers and engineers to complete all necessary tasks within a project
- You’ll undertake practical software development work as part of the team, as well as oversee software test procedure and troubleshoot solutions to problems.
- You’ll be researching and keeping the team up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- You’ll mentor junior team members to improve their technical skills and grow with the company.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field (Masters is a plus)
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications, including all others aspects not covered by front end developers (e.g. server side, database, etc)
- Experience developing modern APIs (e.g. FastApi, OpenAPI v3.1), including its documentation and SDKs.
- Familiarity with common stacks and frameworks (especially React and VueJS)
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries (e.g. HTML/ CSS, XML, jQuery)
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), SQL and web servers (e.g. Nginx)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Potential for leadership and organisational skills to guide offshore and future onshore engineers through a project.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with written and spoken English is required.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment - bonus points if this was on a B2B SaaS product
- Previous experience at a ClimateTech company.
- 30-minute call with the Product & Engineering
- Take home case study and present to the team
- 30-minute call with Engineering Team and CTO
- Final Interview with CEO
- Competitive salary.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Outstanding career progression opportunities.
- Share options.
- Flexible working arrangements - Hybrid.
- Ability to help shape our benefits package as we grow!
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.