We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We cannot sponsor.
This position is based in London and is Hybrid - 1-2 days a week in office.
Clearly gives Fleet Managers transparency over their supply chain emissions to stay compliant, identify decarbonisation initiatives, and maximise their ROI. We use AI and advanced Machine Learning to fuse data from multiple sources and provide trip-level emission and energy intensity insights.
Our ultimate vision is to be the end-to-end platform that enables the Global Transportation Industry to decarbonise supply chains and achieve operational sustainability.
With Clearly, Businesses can:
- Uncover real emissions from trip-level up to fleet-level, and identify optimal reduction initiatives, saving costs and energy
- Remain compliant and transparent to regulators and supply chain partners
- Reduce financing costs, and reduce and share risk
Clearly was recently selected as Europe’s hottest Mobility Tech Startup at The Europas Tech Startup Awards 2022. Previous winners include Spotify, Wise, Soundcloud to name a few.
About the role
We are looking for the first Product Designer to join our small and growing team at Clearly. You’ll work closely with our Product Manager and Founders to undertake design responsibilities across all aspects of the product and company - with main focus on design for our SaaS product.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product squad. You’ll help define and maintain the design system across our products, and be responsible for all design artefacts produced. You’ll work closely with the Product Manager from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details, helping to drive the future vision of our product.
- You’ll deeply understand the customers you’re designing for. Whether it’s joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you’ll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you’re solving for, to ensure we don’t just ship the thing right, but we ship the right thing.
- You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with the founders, PM, Engineers and Data scientists to make sure your team isn’t just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design process.
- You’ll execute (and advocate for) polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences.
- You’ll keep up-to-date with the latest design trends, technologies, and tools.
- You’re pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- You’ll regularly work with product leadership and the founders. This is to help make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
What you’ll need
- 2+ years experience working in product design at a technology company - SaaS experience preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- A portfolio you can send us along with your CV.
- Experience with working throughout the end to end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- Experience driving and applying user-centred design processes while working with cross-functional teams.
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in both visual and interaction design.
- Mastery of modern product design and prototyping tools such as Figma.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design decisions and recommendations.
- You're flexible, adaptable, and thrive in a rapidly scaling company.
- You’re passionate about tackling the Climate Crisis.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment.
- Previous experience at a ClimateTech company.
- Familiarity with Climate frameworks (eg. GLEC, GHG Protocol etc)
- Bachelor's qualification in a design discipline.
- Some experience in programming and ability to code.
- 30-minute call with Product
- Take home case study and present to the team
- 30-minute call with Product and CTO
- Final Interview with CEO
- Competitive salary.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Outstanding career progression opportunities.
- Share options.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Ability to help shape our benefits package as we grow!
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.