About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Our Site Managers are entrusted to lead the construction of our BESS Projects to achieve successful completion meeting by exceeding the expectations of all stakeholders. They are the “Captain / Parent” on site who always represents Fluence, protecting and keeping the Project site safe from harm by anticipating risks but also new opportunities. They are always making and changing action plans, constantly communicating with our Customer and Contractors, with continuous follow up on execution to ensure that the most important actions are concluded every day and as soon as possible. When the project experiences issues and challenges (such as the Pandemic, Accidents, delays in construction work), they are physically, mentally, and emotionally present to provide reassurance, confidence, clarity and control. As the “Captain” they locally represent Fluence with key external stakeholders such as the local contractors, local government officials, suppliers, and others.
- Strong owners and leaders of their Project team, providing guidance in construction planning to the project team, interfacing and working with the project manager to minimize risk and maximize business performance.
- Champions for Health and Safety who lead by example by actively coaching and challenging those who do not have a high standard.
- Leaders of customized Health, Safety, and Quality programs for the Project(s), who appreciate the unique risks and challenges for each site and do not just “Cut and Paste”.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining a high-quality local project team comprised of individuals with the ownership, integrity, respect for themselves and others to foster exceptional teamwork and performance.
- Developers of people, effective in sharing constructive feedback and improving the performance of themselves and others.
- Experts in advanced project management with a proven record for pre-planning key activities to ensure all materials, equipment and personal are available before work is started .
- Experienced in consistently achieving time on budget delivery through advanced planning and risk management through mitigating actions.
- Strong communicators and relationship builders who give / earn trust and respect of the client team and internal project, engineering, commissioning and business administrators.
- Experienced in reading Engineering, mechanical and civil drawings as well as specifications to ensure that the project is being built as per design.
- Oversee contractors, sub-contractors to ensure quality and schedule are met.
- Strong electrical background.
- Strong collaborators with Head Office Finance, HR, and Legal teams to comply with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements
- Appreciation and Understanding that Projects plans and schedules are continuously changing with responses on site, e.g. schedule delays, emergencies or other problems.
- Ability to assess risks (short term and mid term) to make quick decisions within the authority of the Site Manager.
- Ability to know when issues and challenges need to be discussed, aligned, and approved with the Project Director.
- Ability to re-arrange activities and communicate them to ensure that the program remains on track. ( In consultation with the SPM ).
- Track the actual progress against planned report on progress on a weekly and monthly basis with corrective action plans.
- Experience to have mitigating actions for every issue and challenge that the project is facing.
- Ability to evaluate and assess construction methods to determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Ability to change and adjust work processes, meeting agendas, communication channels, and other ways of working that are inefficient.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.