About Graphyte, Inc.
Graphyte’s mission is to fight climate change by building the most scalable, permanent carbon dioxide removal solution on the planet. Graphyte technology enables us to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it for at least 1,000 years. The IPCC and other leading authorities agree that carbon dioxide removal will be needed in volumes greater than 5 billion tons per year by 2050. Most potential solutions are either too expensive or face technical challenges preventing them from growing fast enough. At Graphyte, we have developed a permanent, cost-effective carbon removal solution that will is ready to scale today.
Graphyte is an early-stage startup funded by a leading venture firm focused on climate change. We are seeking smart, mission-driven individuals to join us on the ground floor. Each team member will play an essential role in shaping the company.
Project Development and Biomass Supply Lead
We are seeking an experienced, high judgment Project Development and Biomass Supply Lead to join our team. This leader will play a critical role in developing and implementing the company’s rapid expansion plans and will work closely with our commercial, technical, and finance teams. The ideal candidate will possess proven expertise in project development, ideally in the biomass context, as well as a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Prioritize target locations for project development including on-the-ground assessments.
- Secure biomass supply contracts with forestry and agricultural firms in prioritized project areas.
- Identify and acquire project sites based on commercial, technical, and other relevant requirements.
- Create community engagement plans and work directly with local leaders and community groups.
- Develop new project business plans and economic models, in partnership with technical, commercial and finance teams.
- Drive permitting of projects, including engaging directly with regulators.
- Establish a systematic approach to new project development and biomass supply expansion, and continually refine to accelerate progress toward aggressive long-term goals.
- Highly driven with a focus on long-term success of the mission above all else. Bias for action, with demonstrated willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- A bachelor’s degree and proven ability to work with technical subject matter.
- Proven work experience as a project developer or similar role, ideally in the biomass or renewable energy context. International project development experience a significant plus.
- Experience negotiating contracts, purchasing land, acquiring easements, and assessing zoning requirements.
- Proven ability to relate to people, including commercial counterparts, regulatory staff, community members, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to present complex information clearly and concisely both internally and to relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical and financial analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on efficient decision-making and rapid action.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
Location: Remote, with significant travel (e.g., up to 75% travel)