Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
We are seeking a dynamic, results-driven product and solutions marketing leader to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the product and solutions marketing strategy across our technology platform, advisory services, and carbon dioxide removal offerings. As the Director of Product and Solutions Marketing, you will play a crucial role in driving awareness and demand for our products and services. You will also play a key role in shaping our go-to-market strategy as we scale our business and grow our TAM.
As the Director of the Product & Solutions Marketing team at Carbon Direct, you will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of product marketing, as well as building a strong team of product and solutions marketing professionals with strong domain and industry experience.
- Manage and continue to build a team of product marketers with the skills and experience to support multiple lines of business.
- Work closely with VP of marketing and other marketing leaders to foster a strong workplace culture, recruit top tier talent, and retain high-performing team members.
Product and Solutions Positioning and Messaging:
- Develop and articulate clear and compelling positioning and messaging for the Carbon Direct Platform and advisory services that resonate with target customers across key verticals and roles.
- Ensure consistent communication of product and solutions value propositions across all marketing materials and campaigns.
- Work closely with the science advisory team and product teams to clearly identify, define, and articulate unique value propositions.
- Identify trends and opportunities relevant to Carbon Direct solutions, including the latest policy and market trends in the climate space.
- Provide insights into customer needs and preferences to inform the prioritization and development of platform features and services offerings and guide marketing strategy.
- Conduct competitive research. Identify and clearly articulate compelling differentiators that set Carbon Direct apart from the competitor set.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and execute go-to-market plans for new product and solutions launches and updates.
- Define and manage product and solutions marketing KPIs to measure the success of go-to-market efforts.
- Foster a strong connection with customers by gathering feedback and insights to refine product and solutions strategies.
- Partner closely with business operations, advisory, and platform teams to define pricing and packaging.
- Oversee the creation of high-quality marketing collateral, including product and solutions briefs, data sheets, whitepapers, and web content. Identify opportunities to work with third-party content creators such as analyst firms to build credibility with prospects.
- Collaborate with the content team to ensure a steady stream of engaging, educational, and persuasive materials.
- Work closely with product management and the science and policy teams to inform and shape the development of new product features and services offerings aligned to market demand.
- Develop and maintain sales playbooks and key sales materials (including the company pitch deck). Support the sales team to address customer objections.
- Work closely with Demand Generation to shape campaigns and deliver messaging aligned to campaign objectives.
- Marketing leadership experience with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Strong experience in product and solutions marketing, preferably in related climate tech or related industries.
- Proven track record of successfully launching and bringing to market products and solutions at early stage companies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in marketing tools and technologies, including Hubspot and Google Analytics, is a plus.
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
- Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here.
- Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
- Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
- Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup and monthly work-from-home stipend
*Please note that the benefits described apply to U.S.-based employees only. For our international employees, our benefits package varies by each country and its statutory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.