Agreena is an exciting, dynamic, and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to mobilise farmers and corporations to unlock the value of nature and help restore the planet. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance, and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. Over 200 employees across more than 40 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen, offices in London, or remotely across Europe.
Agreena provides solutions that drive both environmental and financial sustainability. Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading, and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation, and fun.
And this is where you come in:
As a Environmental Systems Modeller at Agreena, your primary objective is to contribute to the creation of modelling frameworks for the simulation and quantitative assessment of the ecological effects of regenerative agriculture practices. These assessments are focused on the flows and stocks of Greenhouse Gases (GHGs), but extend to incorporate biodiversity and livestock management. Your role will encompass tasks such as conducting research, developing, calibrating (i.e. fitting to new data), validating and running models representing soil and agricultural systems. This also involves producing reports on model design and performance for external partners. You will be a part of the broader Program team that contributes to the Science, Standards and Data required to operate carbon and nature-based solutions for the business.
How will you make an impact:
- Collaborate with our team of scientists to design, develop, and validate GHGs flow models that accurately represent GHGs dynamics in the agricultural environment, specially in soils.
- Convert and implement qualitative principles into mathematical models.
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists and other researchers to collect and manage data from the different sources, including both Agreena’s own data and external data sets.
- Staying up-to-date and engaging with the soil and agroecosystems models research community to support the development of science based products in Agreena.
- Communicating your research in a business context, to external partners and standard setting bodies.
- Addressing team inquiries about soil, agroecosystems, and the modelling thereof.
Who we’re looking for:
- Academic background in agricultural sciences, agriculture economy, environmental sciences, soil science, biogeochemistry, or similar.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as R and/or Python are a must.
- Experience with soil carbon dynamics and/or GHG flux models
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Bonus points if:
- You have a Ph.D in a related field.
- Ability to work with geospatial data.
- Experience with version control systems like git/GitHub.
- Familiarity with Bayesian modelling tools.
What’s in it for you:
- A unique opportunity to join and help shape a fast-growing tech scale up with the determination and ambitious mission to reverse climate change
- A truly global environment where you can collaborate and socialise with diverse and passionate colleagues
- Competitive compensation package and holidays
- Option to work from home part time with planned trips to the central office in CPH.
- Team events throughout the year
- An exciting purpose-led culture and mission Open communication and supportive feedback culture
🌱 Not quite what you're looking for?
🌍 Be your best-self everyday at Agreena
At Agreena we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and growth so with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced to help us achieve this exciting journey. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by our customers and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure Agreena remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.