Position: Project Manager
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we are looking for a Project Manager to join our global Satellite Missions Business Line Team. You will report to the Missions Program Director in this role.
About the role?
We are seeking a Project Manager to support in the delivery of the satellite mission delivery programs. Satellite mission delivery consists of delivery of satellites, IT systems, antennas and related services. The person will be responsible for delivery of assigned projects and providing project office support for the Missions business unit. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, product management, engineering and operations, to ensure the effective coordination and alignment of program objectives with business goals. The ideal candidate possesses strong project management skills, communication skills, exceptional organizational abilities, a high level of energy and a proven track record of managing technology projects.
- Project delivery(s) in support of the the deliver Satellite Mission program delivery
- Developing and maintaining project controls within the Missions business
- Establish project goals, deliverables and success criteria in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, and resource allocations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure program success and satisfy reporting requirements (e.g. financial)
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project/program management best practices, methodologies, and frameworks.
- Identify and assess program risks, dependencies, and critical path activities.
- Proactively anticipate and address issues that may impact program timelines, budget, or quality.
- Establish effective reporting structure and communication channels and mechanisms to ensure timely and accurate information flow among program team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- 5 years of experience in project or program management, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects involving complex systems and technology. For example: IT, telecom, defence, aerospace, automotive, automation
- Proven track record in working in cross-functional teams [ideally as lead]
- Customer management skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and mitigate program risks and issues
- Excellent knowledge of program management processes, tools and techniques
- Attention to detail
- Bachelors degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- Experience of product development within a complex systems
- Knowledge of physics, hardware and/or software design
- Track record in change management
- Knowledge and experience with embedded systems
- Project or program management for governmental buyers of technology
- Relevant certifications such as PMP (Project Management Professional) or PgMP (Program Management Professional) etc.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e., flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.