We are seeking a collaborative and strategic Partnerships Lead to join our remote startup team and scale our program. Our company is innovating traditional procurement methods of purchasing onsite energy and seeks innovation to an otherwise traditional process. If you're a self-motivated and versatile professional with a passion for clean energy and partnerships, we encourage you to apply!
Who we are
Station A is a technology company reimagining how clean energy is bought and sold. We're remote-first with team members across the USA and an office in San Francisco, CA.
By combining proprietary technology and a team of experts, we help commercial real estate owners and occupants take swift action on their climate goals in the most cost-effective and transparent way. Our AI-powered platform analyzes and grades buildings to identify the best candidates for clean energy. The provider network on Station A's marketplace then provides indicative pricing or fixed and firm proposals through a streamlined process.
At Station A, we make climate action a no-brainer for everyone. Come join us and help scale our impact!
In this remote startup setting, you’ll play a central role in leading our commercial team’s growth strategy through our partnership program. This opportunity is dedicated to cultivating partnerships, nurturing both new connections and existing relationships for sustained and impactful business development.
Your role includes:
- Partner Identification and Engagement: Researching, identifying, and engaging potential partners to explore and establish mutually beneficial collaborations.
- Strategic Partnerships: Developing and executing partnership strategies to drive revenue growth and maximize impact, including negotiating and managing partner contracts.
- Relationship Building: Building and nurturing long-term relationships with partners, understanding their objectives and needs, and collaborating on joint initiatives.
- Market Insights: Continuously monitoring the clean energy market and partner landscape to identify emerging trends, potential opportunities, and competitive threats.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborating closely with internal teams to align partnership efforts with company goals and ensure seamless execution.
- Industry Representation: Representing Station A at industry conferences, events, and meetings (up to 10% travel) to promote our brand and forge new partnerships.
In a remote startup environment, the following skills and characteristics are particularly valuable:
- Strong Communication: Effective communication skills are essential in remote work, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively.
- Innovative Mindset: Curiosity, confidence, and approachability with a commitment to business growth. Analytical skills, a willingness to take risks, and passion to develop creative strategies to drive sales growth.
- Proactive Collaboration: Self-motivated with the ability to anticipate needs and collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams. This is where your authenticity and integrity will shine!
- Remote-First Work Environment: Ability to work remote both independently and in virtual teams is key to amplifying your impact.
- Embrace Technology: You believe technology helps people achieve more. You are organized, create repeatable patterns, and get more done with less manual effort (“work smarter, not harder”).
We believe in pay transparency. The annual base salary for the Partnerships Lead position is $110-130k, with potential performance-based commission or bonuses. The expected start date for this position is Q1 2024.
- December: Review applications and reach out to shortlisted candidates
- January: Interviews with shortlisted candidates
- Start date: Q1 2024
- 6+ years of partnerships management experience in commercial & industrial business development or sales. Experience in solar, utilities, DER, ESG or a related field is a plus.
- Track record of identifying strategies to develop relationships with partners across the energy transition and renewables space.
- Experience working with business development leads to identify where subcontractors/referral partners could support growth objectives and priorities.
- Passionate self-starter that’s willing to develop their own franchise and execute against a thoughtful business plan
- Experience developing and delivering return on investment and or Business Value Assessment.
- Experience leading all partner solicitations including developing new leads, partner contracting and referral from different sources.
- Ability to communicate optimally with senior level (economic buyers) to create deep client partnerships that cultivate a full account view of the new business opportunities.
- Persuasive communicator who can represent opportunities to company leaders with an account plan to drive consensus.
- Experience designing tools, systems, and approaches to streamline partner portfolio and process.
- Prospecting skills and experience with LinkedIn, Groove, SFDC, email flow processes.
- Familiarity with CRMs and prospecting tools.
- Experience with validated sales methodologies, e.g. MEDDPIC, Command of the Message, Sandler, STC, Challenger, etc.
We are committed to providing benefits to support a healthy life outside of work:
- Remote-friendly work environment (US Based)
- Access to dedicated San Francisco office, if desired
- Access to co-working facilities in 65+ cities
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work stipend
- Medical/dental/vision insurance including FSA and HSA
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We believe in the power of varied perspectives for true innovation. We encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for our team!