Altruistiq’s software solution delivers sustainability intelligence and real corporate impact in carbon reduction and beyond for large businesses that see more than ‘just’ reporting as the goal.
Altruistiq empowers businesses with the technology to automate sustainability data measurement, management and exchange - with unparalleled accuracy and ease. We believe that sustainability is the corporate world’s biggest data challenge. Our mission is to enable businesses to do more of what is measurably good, driven by data and impact intelligence. Read about our latest investment below:
Altruistiq has scaled rapidly, working with multiple industry leaders, whose operations span 50+ countries; and we are now looking to expand our geographical coverage beyond Europe, so we can better serve our customers across the Americas. We have chosen Costa Rica - a fast-growing market with very strong sustainability credentials - as the location of our first Americas customer success hub, and are looking for passionate sustainability and data professionals to join our team.
Please submit your CV in English. Please also note that for this role, on some days we may require you to start at 8am (opposed to 9am) to attend company wide meetings.
About the role
Our Sustainability Analyst role combines a good basic understanding of sustainability data and GHG accounting and reporting, with strong people skills to support our customers throughout their product experience and on their business sustainability journey.
In this role you will:
- Be a key point of contact from Altruistiq with sustainability teams at global enterprises around the world.
- Build and support long term, trust-based relationships with our customers based on expertise and timely support, leading to high satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Help customers understand and use the product; you'll support point-of-need communication, work with our data engineers to integrate their data systems, configure their dashboards, and drive adoption.
- Be responsible for onboarding the customer to the app, leading the data validation and calculation process, meeting timelines and expectations as set out in the onboarding plan.
- Help shape Altruistiq's product roadmap by sharing feedback directly from customers to our product squads, as well as providing subject matter expertise to other teams
- Be a core member of the Sustainability Insights team, contributing to Altruistiq's knowledge-base, sustainability strategy and content creation
- Support the Altruistiq team in the delivery of add-on services requested by customers, including data improvements, including advisory work on target setting, reporting and decarbonisation strategies.
We envisage the following skills and experiences could serve you well in this role
- Have a relevant degree or experience relating to sustainability, as well as a basic understanding of how to calculate Greenhouse gas emissions (scope 1 and 2 minimum) aligned to the GHG Protocol/ISO Standards.
- Confident with large dataset, able to analyse data, spot trends, with the ability to speak eloquently about sources of emissions, emissions calculations, and data quality.
- Have a good understanding and passion for wider sustainability concepts and developments in the sector
- Bi-lingual language abilities- written and spoken fluency in English & Spanish
- Good communication skills with the the ability to concisely summarise and condense complex sustainability topics and build trust-based relationships.
- Strong process and time management skills, able to manage multiple tasks and relationships at once, both internally and externally.
- A natural "go getter", keen to identify opportunities and trial solutions to improve our customers' experiences.
- A willing problem-solver, highly adaptable to client needs, with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- A keen learner with the ability to adapt to new ways of working, and an interest to work in the tech sector, and desire to grow your sustainability knowledge through working with a wider team of experts
Remuneration and rewards package:
Remuneration will be determined depending on experience, but we offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package to all our team. Our salary band for this role is USD $12-18k
Our benefits include:
- Options, we believe our team should all have a stake in the company we're building.
- Free choice of equipment and a setup budget for your home office
- A supportive culture to help you learn and develop into a better version of yourself, including a learning & development budget and policy.
- Private health and dental insurance for you and your partner/family.
- Generous pension contribution.
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Flexible working, remote-first, with a budget to join a shared working space wherever you live.
- Access to mental health support and therapist through tools such as Spill and Headspace
- We compensate your carbon footprint
- Annual team offsites to spend time together as a team
- Work in a diverse, feedback-driven organisation, decentralized decision making enabling everyone to weigh in, offering lots of freedom, impact as well as responsibility.
At Altruistiq we believe a diverse team is a better team.
We welcome you to apply, and if there are accommodations that can be made to make the application and interview process more accessible for you please just get in touch. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.