100 years after the invention of industrial methanol synthesis, we fundamentally revolutionize this technology.
Our disruptive process is based on homogeneous catalysis, which enables us to fundamentally rethink methanol production in a green way.
To this end, we are launching our first pilot in one of Germany's largest chemical parks to demonstrate our technology based on CO2 and green hydrogen.
We are looking for you to drive this milestone forward with us and thus take the first step towards industrial production of green methanol!
Your mission will be:
- As part of our engineering team, you design plant components (including pumps, heat exchangers, reactors, distillation columns).
- You create component specifications, solicit bids, and verify suitability for our plants in compliance with all safety-related standards.
- You suggest alternative components, knowing which materials are suitable for seals and steels.
- You design chemical apparatus according to specifications, calculate their stability, and develop maintenance plans for our plant components.
- You create design drawings, P&IDs, parts lists, and technical documentation as needed.
- You communicate regularly with our suppliers, partners and customers.
- You have successfully completed a master's degree in mechanical or process engineering. Ideally, you have specialized in plant engineering, apparatus design and/or thermal separation processes.
- You have extensive knowledge in all plant and equipment aspects of chemical process engineering and have a detailed knowledge of measurement and control technology as well as materials science (steels, seals).
- You know how to perform design calculations for pressure vessels and are familiar with all technical standards and rules in apparatus design.
- You have practical experience with components from a wide range of suppliers (valves, pressure regulators, measuring instruments).
- You confidently operate technical design and drawing programs such as Autocad, Autodesk Inventor 3D, Pro-Engineer or SMAP.
- You enjoy working in Berlin, but are not averse to the occasional national or international business trip.
- You are fluent in German and English.
You will work with a high degree of freedom in a team of excellent colleagues on cutting-edge climate technology and have the necessary financial resources to push things forward.
As a startup in Berlin, we offer a dynamic and non-bureaucratic environment, attractive salary and stock option package, as well as the opportunity to work on solving the No. 1 global challenge, climate change.
We welcome applications from all genders and nationalities and are open to part-time.