Patch is building the infrastructure for a sustainable economy by enabling gigatonne scale carbon removal. With Patch, companies can embed ...View Company Profile
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon offset and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.About PositionWe're looking for a Strategic Finance Lead to serve as the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical finance, accounting, and business questions related to Patch's near- and long-term success. You will solve for multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, to name a few) and consider various stakeholders (e.g. recruiting, sales, marketing, product).
What You’ll Do:
- Create models to forecast the evolution of our business’s growth, margins, expansion plans, and overhead
- Build our reporting process to provide actionable insights to leadership across the organization in a timely manner (monthly, yearly, and on)
- Manage all aspects of cash flow by monitoring the in and outflows of capital (e.g., implement billing and expense tracking processes)
- Own all aspects of accounting operations & financial reporting (including taxes, audits, etc) in collaboration with external service providers
- Manage vendors and contractors across AP, AR, Payroll, and Accounting
- Manage payroll and employee benefits programs to ensure our employees (our most valuable assets) are paid and taken care of
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team on financial planning, revenue strategies, and results management
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
Who You Are:
- Proven track-record & passion for creating, driving, and delivering data-backed decisions and outputs
- A creative and collaborative problem solver, from database structuring to insight delivery
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Extremely responsive. Things move quickly when you’re scaling from 0 to 1
- An expert at synthesizing insights for cross-functional integration and understanding
- Results-driven and restless until the job is done
- Mission-driven and motivated about putting in hours that will do good for the world
- Have a strong willingness and curiosity to learn about new industries, technologies, and strategies
- High adversity quotient! The biggest endeavors come with exciting challenges at every turn.
What Sets You Apart:
- Strong background in finance and accounting (e.g., investment banking, consulting, FP&A/accounting)
- Experience building & owning pieces of a finance function, both quant- & qualitative, at an early-stage, venture-backed company
- In-depth process orientation with meticulous attention to detail alongside rigorous organization & time-management
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- In general, you should have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience and 2+ years of finance/accounting team management experience
- Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) Degree in Accounting/Finance; CPA or CMA certification is highly preferred
Commitment to Diversity:
- At Patch, we're building the software infrastructure for a sustainable economy - an infrastructure that will help unlock giga-tonne scale carbon removal and ultimately play a role in mitigating the most drastic effects of global warming.
- Beyond our mission, we're committed to building a world-class culture that you can thrive in!
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity
- Holistic wellness benefits, including a monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-friendly work place for changing times
- Low-ego & hyper-collaborative culture
- Time-off as needed vacation policy
- Growth mindsets & a healthy feedback approach
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.