To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon offset and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most in just a few lines of code
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.About Position
First and foremost we're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing—you don't need to know anything about carbon removal, but should be excited to learn. We're building in an entirely new space, so you'll be able to use your creativity to help us solve problems and delight customers.
The design challenges ahead of us:Make the invisible feel tangible and real
Carbon is invisible—your job is to make it tangible, to make it feel real, to help our customers understand the weight of it and the significance of their actions to remove it.Define the digital workflows of a new industry
The carbon removal industry is new and underserved by software: businesses are run across Excel spreadsheets and antiquated registry systems. Your job is to deeply understand the complex, and distill it down into efficient scalable workflows.Selling & scaling
Our suppliers get up every morning and remove carbon from the atmosphere. Our job is to help them sell their credits, manage their inventory, and run their business on Patch so they can focus on scaling.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop knowledge and empathy for our suppliers and a strong perspective on how to serve them.
- Learn deeply about the burgeoning carbon removal industry and build an entirely new set of tools to serve it.
- Lead discovery and exploration of “Special Projects” and net new business verticals that we're considering entering.
- Develop foundational UX to be used across the Patch platform.
- Contribute to our design system to up-level our UI and product.
- As the fifth designer at Patch you'll help define our processes, craft the design culture, and set the foundation to make this a place climate-focused designers can come to do some of the best work of their careers.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 4+ years of product design experience, and love thinking broadly about problems and creative ways to solve them.
- You are experienced organizing and facilitating a variety of (user) research sessions depending on what needs to be learned.
- Translating customer conversations into maps of existing workflows and users journeys is your expertise.
- Bringing clarity and insight to problems that are broad and ambiguous in scope is what you're known for.
- Integrating user, business, and technical constraints into a compelling narrative is your superpower, and have demonstrated systems-level thinking at scale.
- You are dedicated to personal accountability and balance your high bar for quality with your need to ship often and iterate.
- You explain your work, process, and decisions with humble persuasion, craving feedback to design at your best.
- A front-row seat at a fast growing, early stage company excites you, and you're enthusiastic about the growth you'll see!
- Expertise with common design tools like Figma.
- Make a positive impact on the world, and work on a mission that matters.
- Competitive compensation.
- Meaningful Equity.
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health, covering gyms, courses, therapy, art, animals, etc!
- Low ego, collaborative culture.
- Time-off as needed vacation policy.
Commitment to Diversity:
- Meet us and learn about Patch
- You'll first talk to Maroun on a 45 minute call; you won't need to prepare anything in advance. The goal of this conversation is to get to know you and mutually explore if we might be a good fit for each other. You'll learn more about Patch and have a chance to ask questions about our company, team culture, and product.
- Portfolio Review
- We'll have another conversation to walk through previous work that you’re proud of. You'll get the opportunity to meet some more folks on the team.
- Virtual Onsite
- We then have a virtual onsite, that'll start with a compensated design challenge that you'll have two hours to complete with our support. We'll then go into a quick presentation of the work to get a sense for how you communicate and how you work. You'll then have conversations with our founders and employees across the company. The Onsite may be split into several days for scheduling reasons.
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.