At Climatebase, we're mobilizing talent for a climate-positive world.
We’re focused on solving one of the biggest challenges faced by organizations ...View Company Profile
- Support the full admissions and enrollment pipeline of a highly successful and impactful professional development program for top talent working or transitioning into climate action careers.
- Climatebase is a fully remote team with core hours based around Pacific Time for meetings and day to day collaboration.
- As the Fellowship program expands this role has the potential to grow into more leadership and management.
- This is a rare opportunity to get in at the ground floor of an early-stage, rapidly growing digital climate tech startup that's making a major impact.
We’re a rapidly growing startup focused on solving the #1 challenge faced by organizations working on climate: Hiring.
Our platform helps talented professionals discover climate job opportunities and transition into the space — and in doing so, we help climate-focused organizations hire the mission-driven talent they need to succeed.
Since our launch in July 2020, Climatebase has become the world's leading platform for climate jobs, talent, and community:
- 500,000 people have used Climatebase to discover and apply to over 35,000 jobs at over 3,000 climate tech companies and environmental nonprofits.
- We’ve developed one of the leading climate tech newsletters, Climatebase Weekly, which reaches 40,000 readers twice a week, with an average open rate above 50%. (If you’re familiar with newsletters, you’ll appreciate how impressive that is)
- We’ve recently launched our first-of-many cohort-based courses, the Climatebase Fellowship, with an inaugural 150-person cohort of top talent from over 2,500 applicants we received. The program acheived a high NPS (net promoter score), and operated at a high profit-margain. We’re now actively looking to scale this program while launching new, more specialized CBCs (cohort-based courses).
Read more about Climatebase here.
Following the success of our first Climatebase Fellowship we are looking for an experienced admissions associate to fully support the applicant pipeline as the program scales.
This role reports directly to the Fellowship Program Manager:
- You’ll report to and work closely with the Fellowship Program Manager to plan high level strategy and then own the implementation and execution of specific admissions and enrollment initiatives.
- Conduct smooth and efficient execution of core admissions and enrollment tasks
- Review, interview, admit, and enroll applicants based on program-specific criteria
- Perform financial aid assessments and awards to meet enrollment targets
- Train and support part-time and volunteer workers helping with admissions
- Own communication for the full admissions pipeline from applicant through enrollment
- Serve as primary point of contact for leads and applicants, answering any questions they have about the program
- Write and iterate on automated communications supporting applicant journey through the pipeline
- Maintain strong intersectional diversity of fellows enrolled in each cohort
- Enroll fellows with different professional backgrounds, years of work and climate experience, home country, and career goals
- Ensure that intersectional diversity of ethnic and gender identities is strong in each cohort
- Secondary responsibilities:
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation of admissions processes in support of future team growth and effective staff on-boarding
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to optimize customer journey, automate processes, and effectively utilize alumni community
- Work with the Program Manager to set outreach and scholarship strategies to meet enrollment and diversity targets
Core metrics for success in this role:
- Meet or beat minimum enrollment and diversity targets on a per-cohort basis
- Reduce the time from new application to enrollment with scalable processes
- Maintain high customer satisfaction for Fellowship admissions experience
Resources available to you will include:
- Guidance and support from the Fellowship Program Manager and founding team
- Community and Events Manager to collaborate on communication and community-oriented initiatives
- Passionate alums eager to support the growth of the Fellowship program
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Deep alignment with Climatebase’s mission.
- One or more years of experience with admissions and enrollment for an educational program
- Prior experience using HubSpot, or the ability to quickly translate your experience from another CRM. Automation is your friend.
- A commitment to data-driven decision making and implementing testable hypotheses when data is insufficient.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Nice to haves:
- You have experience working in a startup-like environment — being able to learn quickly and be available to help other team members out in a pinch.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of climate change and the climate tech ecosystem
- You have experience running online cohort-based-courses or similar programs (including in-person educational programs like coding bootcamps)
- You have experience in email marketing, creating drip campaigns, etc
Please apply through the platform. Include a short cover letter with your application. We don't need a long essay — just enough to help us contextualize your work experience from your resume as it relates to why you'll be successful in this role if hired.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org