About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented person interested in joining an organization that is making a meaningful difference in the world. Aurora’s Support team helps our clients design and sell solar by helping them find the value in our platform, addressing their inquiries, and engaging in educational outreach.
You will have responsibility for a number of assigned accounts. Partnership with our most strategic customers is a primary goal and demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the Aurora platform. You will forge relationships with your customers, develop a deep technical understanding of their Aurora implementation, share technical standard methodologies and act as a point of contact for any major incidents, leading the customer’s expectations and communications through the resolution of such incidents.
The ideal candidate is a standout colleague, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, forming relationships, has excellent communication skills, and is able to learn new technologies quickly and use their time efficiently. The individual will likely be required to travel to customer sites (up to 10%) and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage as needed.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Support Services, including for issue escalations
- Actively monitors support cases, including component requests, and takes proactive action where possible
- Make sure inquiries are answered in a timely manner and meet pre-defined SLA
- Identify, troubleshoot, and escalate bugs to the development team using standardized escalation paths
- Participate in issues and act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases, driving business reliability and customer satisfaction
- Partner with CSM and AE to identify risks and opportunities on customer usage and take action on implementing these steps, or escalating to the appropriate member to do so
- Attain Trusted Advisor status with both key business and technical decision-makers
- Lead Support Reviews and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements specific to customers’ business needs
- Proactive liaison and focal point for Product teams and Technical Support teams, to address product feature/technical hurdles
- Leads tailored training sessions for new customer administrators, as requested.
- Leads new feature training and offers consultations around product releases.
- Manages the dedicated customer Slack channel on Priority 1 issues
- Accesses the dedicated queue in Zendesk to prioritize incoming design service requests
What we value:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both written and verbally at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 5 years + of relevant experience in a customer support organization for a SaaS product
- Solar technology and REST API knowledge is preferred
- Deep knowledge of JIRA or ZenDesk
- Large scale implementation experience with complex solutions environments
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.